Recent content by standuffer

1. standuffer

And tonight the last of Bobbyshreds Infinity stuff is for sale

Vintage infinity enthusiast... http://bobbyshred.baberuthband.co.uk/infinity.html
  2. standuffer

New Denon 920W AVR Set-Up (Noise)!

A cord like that is a MUST for all AC line troubleshooting.
  3. standuffer

New Denon 920W AVR Set-Up (Noise)!

Is there a 'popping noise' in stereo mode? If yes, how about through headphones? Does this 'popping' noise occur regardless of the surround mode (Pro Logic, Dolby Digital, DTS, etc)? Have you tried powering the AVR from an AC receptacle on a different circuit? You stated it was 'new' how...
  4. standuffer

Anyone own an Onkyo TX-NR646?

Is it 'stereo' mode' or a "pure direct" mode? If 'pure direct' I would expect the sub-out to be in-active.
  5. standuffer

Marantz 510 power amp

Please excuse the bump but... Warren... from a fellow 'North Coaster", hope you are well. :) I have an opportunity to buy one of these these 510 amps and I am curious as to how it would hold up to a low impedance load (12" woofer of Infinity Kappa 8's)? It's a "nominal" 6 ohm load but is...
  6. standuffer

audio relics on craigslist cleveland

Is this Audio Relics (Jim) the same guy that advertises his services in Garetsville OH. in the Cleveland CraigsList ?
  7. standuffer

Amp for Kappa 8

So, besides this Threshold, what do you consider to be "real amps"? TIA John
  8. standuffer

Kappa 7.2 or 8.2 - which one will perform better for me?

I don't know what your budget is, my new K8's were reasonable but, I do understand your 'power' concerns. My K6.1's were bi-amped (horizontally) and I think I could have thrown even more into them. Can we have too much Infinity Power? I've been kicking the tires on a few amps myself and have...
  9. standuffer

QUESTIONS ABOUT MY KAPPA 9'S

I just figured it would be an easy place to start seeing that you mentioned 'phase'.
  10. standuffer

Kappa Crossovers.

I hope your 'bay' surrounds are the correct type and composition. According to Dr. Bill @ "Miller Sound" the proper surround is essential for the Kappa 8&9's. FOURTH...I should send Bill a digital photo of the woofers. If the foam was replaced and the proper foam was not used, that would...
  11. standuffer

Kappa 7.2 or 8.2 - which one will perform better for me?

When I hear the phrase "bass under control" my first thought is that of an acoustic speaker such as most, if not all, original Infinity designs, instead of a 'ported' speaker like the Kappa.X series. . I just migrated from K6.1's to K8's and am amazed by the improved (tighter) bass. My...
  12. standuffer

QUESTIONS ABOUT MY KAPPA 9'S

Read through this thread (if you haven't already)... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/i-disconnected-one-woofer-from-each-of-my-kappa-9s.713228/ You may find your 'phase' answer. I just bought K8's and am hearing true bass for the 1st time in my 50 yrs of listening...
  13. standuffer

Need help with building a 5.1 system for my brother

If you brother is building / designing his new house from scratch, why not think a 'lil forward and consider a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 ATMOS installation? Maybe at least install 2 or 4 ceiling speakers with attached wiring for future enhancements. Easy to install now compared to post drywall. My $0.02...
  14. standuffer

Need receiver with 1/3 Octave eq and fully adjustabe crossover

Would it be possible to adjust (fine tune) the crossover frequency via your sub-woofers controls?
  15. standuffer

Amp for Kappa 8

Back in it's day, this Fosgate 4125 was considered to be a 'high current' amp, so... According to MiamiBoy's impedance curves, when reproducing a 95HZ tone, with the Kappa 8 in the 'low normal' setting, a bridged Fosgate amp would see an apparent load of only ~1.375 ohms? Yikes... Need...
Back
Top Bottom