Recent content by Steddie1

1. S

Yamaha CA-610 and TC-520

Cheers for that. Dazza it doesn’t have variable loudness, but it does have ‘Defeat’ switches on the bass and treble which I’ve never had on my amps...when I switched them the bass and treble worked and the sound is incredibly better! Lots of detail and clarity, and I’m warming to the bass...
  2. S

Yamaha CA-610 and TC-520

Just fired it up for the first time. It’s a very clear neutral sound...I’m finding the bass just a little bit flat. Hopefully it just needs some time to warm up...or maybe my ears need to adjust to it. I have a graphic equaliser that I’ve never used...wondering if that may liven things up?
  3. S

Yamaha CA-610 and TC-520

Just picked up these two beautiful pieces at a stupidly cheap price. ($70). Mint condition. Haven’t as yet plugged them into my Wharfedales and TT. Anyone have experience with these items? What can I expect? I hope they sound as good as they look, because I already feel like I won’t be able to...
  4. S

Harman Kardon 330B

Yet to see how it goes with digital input. One of the first amplifiers I’ve had that sounds great with neutral bass and treble....but perhaps that’s because I’ve never owned ‘audiophile’ gear. Is expensive equipment significantly better in quality or is it what your ears get used to?
  5. S

Harman Kardon 330B

Always loved music and a good sound, but as a young parent was always on a budget. Put together some good second hand systems (Sansui, Rotel, Pioneer) and developed a love of getting good sound at a cheap price. 30 years later I can afford top line gear, but still have a hankering for vintage...
Back
Top Bottom