Recent content by Stefus_Prime

1. S

Modifying a cheap suitcase turntable.....

I don't think I'll ever be into suitcase style turntables but this is a pretty cool idea. I love modifying cheap/odd things and seeing how far you can push the limits.
  2. S

My DIY spiffy looking speaker cable guide..

Any chance anyone has the original pictures saved? This looks like an awesome guide but the visuals would be great.
  3. S

Audiophile or Music Lover?

It's a tough choice, but I'm more of a music lover with an appreciation for technology and DIY. Kind of tough to picture an audiophile that doesn't like music though.
  4. S

Dystopian Film List

I'm a big Mad Max fan (mainly the original), I've always wanted to explore the genre more so I'm going to have to check these suggestions out. Has anyone see the move adaption of "The Road"? The books seemed pretty cool, wonder how they film came out.
  5. S

JBL re-introducing the L-100

The cool aesthetics : price ratio doesn't ever seem to be in my favor, guess I'll stick to my big black boxes for now.
  6. S

HELP!! MY DAUGHTER WANTS A CROSLEY!!!!!

While I don't have any kids (too young), I do have much younger family members that usually get in and out of hobbies at break neck speeds. I would just get her the Crosley, it's cheap and has a certain aesthetic she may like. It will give her a chance to see if vinyls are something she wants to...
  7. S

Pioneer SE L40 Restoration

Out of curiosity what kind of prices do you usually see the older pioneer headphones up for? These pics you're posting look fantastic!
  8. S

Manual coffee grinder?

I use the classic Hario Skerton as my only grinder. I've grown to slowly despise grinding with it but the results can't be beat for the price I paid so I must endure...
  9. S

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

Picked up a pretty nice (albeit faded) 1987(?) Schwinn Circuit with the Shimano Sante groupset last year that I am currently restoring. I'm not even done putting it back together yet and I've already gotten two offers for it!
  10. S

The manual has no table of service vs. mileage!

I can't seem to find a schedule in my 2018 manual either, I've just been going off what I could find on various Honda specific forums. Normally I'd just do my usual schedule (3,000 miles) but this is my first synthethic oil car so not too sure what to expect.
  11. S

Gas Mileage and Ratings

If your Civic is anything like mine then you will most likely need to keep the ECON button engaged at all times to reasonably get to or beat the EPA ratings. My average is roughly 33-34mpg, 36mpg if I feather foot it but with the ECON engaged I can easily do 39 mpg+....too bad the ECON button...
  12. S

Excuses, excuses, why do people make these when they crash into you?

Had a very similar experience on New Years day a few years ago. I was at the gas station and a guy was illegally parked in front of the pump, as I was getting out he backed into my car (which was at the bump) and proceeded to drive off. Luckily I flagged him down and one of his kids in the car...
  13. S

Computer cases without optical drive bays?

I use an Antec 900 which has several bays, I believe there is a new variant out which should have the bays still. If you;'re fine with shelling out some cash I reccomed you check out Lian Li, they have all sorts of cool Aluminum cases in just about any shape or size.
  14. S

What are you drinking now?

Some Poland Spring, Maine's finest :rflmao:
  15. S

Staying in shape during winter.

I recently started going to the gym to lift weights and I found it helps a lot with the motivation aspect as I have to go out of my way to go to the gym. I should really start a cardio routine of some sort on my off days once the weather warms up.
Back
Top Bottom