Recent content by stelya

1. S

KEF 107 how to tilt head forward

Hey guys HAPPY holidays Xmass NYE etc hope youll play your music LOUD during these days ;) I have a problem. I have recently been told that my KEF 107 which have Raal ribbon instead of T33 have to have their head assembly positioned in such a way that the ribbon is at 90 degrees to floor/base...
  2. S

The KEF R107 Cabinet Thread

Great informative thread thank you! I have that pair with Raal ribbon and was totally unaware that I had to position head units in a way so that the Raal ribbon is at 90 degrees to the floor/cabinet. So the head would need to tillt forward down and stay in that position, which they wont do as...
  3. S

The Official KEF R107 Owners Registry

i want Kube too ;)
  4. S

KEF 107 Upgraded Xover, Size and impact on speaker volume

Hi A quick question for more educated than myself ( most of you really ...lol) ... On original crossover there are two 100uF caps in parallel followed by inductor and that path leads to MF terminals . As you can s in photo in my previous post above those two were replaced by one HUGE Solen...
  5. S

Kef 107 hf crossover bad surprise, need help.

Hi again...I am curious about few caps on bass crossover...mine was recapped with F&T ATBI instead of ALCAP which seems like a good choice as F&T supplies Mundorf from what I have heard :) ... Anyway ...in original crossover there are two 100uF caps in parallel followed by an inductor to...
  6. S

Yoder thanks for reply What SUB are you usiing? Also what EQ do you use with KUBE+EQ? I am not qualified to fully comment as mine are with modified Xover (although only mod in bass Xover is one big sSolen cap and few values alightly off spec) and I travel a lot so Ive only heard mine for a...
  7. S

no KUBE? whats the bass like with your setup? (i dont have kube either)
  8. S

Crossover Resistors advice needed

hmmm.My last post disappeared...anyway Thanks for quick replies! As the Jantzens are cheap I am more and more considering them at least for Zobel/impedance network but if I get chance Ill stretch to mix of Ohmite AG and Mills12. I have read that Mills can sound lifeless and "rounded" but appart...
  9. S

Crossover Resistors advice needed

Hi guys I got some nice speakers that use Raal 70-10D and KEF B110. Crossover uses ClarityCap PX/ESA ...BUT all resistors are cement type Bennic. I have an itch that needs scratching and I want to change resistors for some non inductive audiophile type. I dont want to spend crazy money on...
  10. S

Guys any suggestion on which resistors to use ...If I had unlimited budged Id get Path or Mundorf Ultra but it gets expensive real quick so Im deciding which to get up to say 7$/piece . Which ones would be best suited to midrange and which to tweeter ? Tnxx
  11. S

Thats a good advice about the foam...wasnt thinking about that...thanks. I have one more question ... I see that you have opted to bypass SOME of electrolytics on both crossovers and left some alone. Is there a particular reason for choosing exactly those? Also what bypass cap value did you...
  12. S

Thanks for quick reply . As i think these are all 11W ...what would you get when ordering...10w 12w or 20w?
  13. S

I need info on resistors in LF crossover. Could someone post values of those 5 resistors? I realised all of the resistors in both crossovers were left as original , sand cast type el cheapo. Has anyone directly compared if theres palpable improvement when changing these to say...
  14. S

Good luck. Looking forward to some pictures :) That Kinki stuff looks like it will do the job, nice stuff, just confused with 250 (2-8ohm) spec. Also nice to see PCB and trannys direct ounted onto output connectors. Hope it doesnt heat up mtch :) I heard them in Melbourne but with Vienna...
  15. S

KEF 107 Upgraded Xover, Size and impact on speaker volume

AK is on fire with R107 threads Anyhoo I think(i know) that XO is unnecessary big. What does this tell you ...usual thing audiophiles without EE knowledge to is to buy exotic caps of same value (god forbid they do +-10%) and copy n paste instead of educate themselves what could they do to...
Back
Top Bottom