Recent content by steph_gaynor

1. steph_gaynor

Audiodon has left us...

================================================= Service for Don on Sat, Jan. 27: A service for Don will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 2:00PM at the First Parrish Unitarian Church, 630 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA. All are invited. Please spread the word to any AK people who...
  2. steph_gaynor

New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday September 30th is in Clinton (!)

Hey, is there a way to donate to the college fund? I wish I could have been there yesterday.
  3. steph_gaynor

RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

Thank you Uncle Fester for posting the obit. I had not been able to find it when I searched last week.
  4. steph_gaynor

RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

Very sad about this. RIP. He was the host with the most -- most excellent old mill building for our Franknfests most excellent giant Altecs most excellent giant Concept receivers most excellent taste in music most excellent talents in audio and carpentry most generous heart to put up with us...
  5. steph_gaynor

Cartridge upgrade time.

Congrats on the new cartridge. I look forward to hearing about how you like it
  6. steph_gaynor

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

I had a great time chatting with my everyone today. Thanks to Frank for hosting!!! Thanks Jim for organizing and for the great t-shirts. It was a great day of audiokarma!!!
  7. steph_gaynor

Happy 60th Birthday to audiodon!

Happy Happy Birthday !!! friend and neighbor, the Fishercat, Don. How lucky am I to live down the street from a fellow record buff and audiophile. I had no idea when we first swapped records many years ago that there would be so much we'd have in common, how much I'd learn from you and how...
  8. steph_gaynor

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

Jim -- Thank you for creating the AK Frankinfest T Shirt. I'll be ordering a couple for sure. As many of you know I love dogs & record players. But whatever the design, I'll be v happy and proud to wear it. I'm looking forward to the fest. I missed the last couple.
  9. steph_gaynor

Photos of celebrities with turntables.

This is the best thread! Here is a French one - 2 stills from the 1958 Louis Malle's The Lovers with Jeane Morreau. Playing records goes on in the background in several scenes as i recall. It's been a while since I've seen the film. Here is Jean-Marc Bory - the young lover. Brahms...
  10. steph_gaynor

I have successfully moved my entire record collection!

Congratulations on your move! You mention that your new location is quieter. How are the acoustics of your new listening room? do you foresee making any changes? all my best, Stephanie (sjg over in the asylum)
  11. steph_gaynor

Can anyone fix a Lexicon RV-8 for audiodon?

oh, now I know why Don has mentioned how much easier it is to service vintage tube gear with point to point wiring vs. transistors. I did not know there was a problem with the big multichannel Lexicon. I don't know if you still have it but it would be well worth talking to Jim Fuller about it...
  12. steph_gaynor

Fall in New England - Time for another Epic FrankenFest!

Hi, I am a maybe. I am doing the ALS walk with Don's team of family and friends. It starts at 11 and should wrap up around 1:30-2:00 pm. I will have to see how I'm feeling. My back has been very uncooperative the last few months. The ALS walk takes place at Carson Beach -- just a half hour...
  13. steph_gaynor

Lenco L-78 project back from the dead, and a great AK story to go with

Beautiful table. I love the simple elegant design and the use of walnut and how it is finished. I have not had the pleasure of trying out a Lenco table or the JVC arm. For alignment, I use several different tools including the Dennison Protractor. I have become a big fan of arc protractors...
  14. steph_gaynor

Yay - 2016 Winter FrankenFest time - Saturday Febraury 27th in Clinton, MA

Thanks Bill, My Partner Lori is says over my shoulder oh yah, that Big Green Egg, we gotta get you one of those! There is a sweet shop in Arlington run by great folks called the Bar-B-Que Barn. Hope you have a super fun family dinner! Here is a picture of Baco's demo on the second floor...
  15. steph_gaynor

Yay - 2016 Winter FrankenFest time - Saturday Febraury 27th in Clinton, MA

I had so much fun yesterday. So great seeing everyone. And I am still thinking about the wonderful smoked turkey mmmm. Any chance of getting the recipe or how too. I might just have to get a smoker now, C6Bill.
Back
Top Bottom