Recent content by steven94

1. S

Albany NY

Hi all. Glenn is hosting a meetup in Peekskill NY. on June 10th. Go to "events and happenings" to get info. Supercool wants to demo different cables. there will be a buy or sell thread. Come on down it's a great way to meet fellow Akers.
  2. S

Albany NY

Hi Bob, Glenn should have a date hopefully by the beginning go the week ( 3/11 ). Go to events & happenings / Peekskill ny and let him know. He's trying to see if there is enough interest. If it's a go there will be a buy /sell thread and Chris is thinking about demoing several different cables...
  3. S

Albany NY

Hi everyone. Glenn - GD70 is thinking about having a meetup in peekskill ny. He is taking a poll to see if there is enough interest to have one. He must have a certain number to make this viable. If you show up you get to meet other's who have similar interests, some bring systems so every one...
  4. S

Spring Peekskill, NY, Blue Mtn. Lodge Meet 2024. Saturday June 15th!

Hi Glenn. I'm glad your thinking about this again. I very much appreciate all you do to make this happen. It would be good to see everyone again. I also have a friend who will probroly come too. Hope it works out
  5. S

"Black diamond" nude elliptical for Pickering XLZ7500 (or Stanton 881/Pickering XSV) ?

mouvimies, I'm glad this thread is still going. The d4000 you linked to is not a black diamond (I wish it was). It says it's a natural diamond in it's description.The BD is synthetic. I would guess the 3000,4000,5000 are all the same. On Mrstylus all the BD's are marked so after the stylus...
  6. S

"Black diamond" nude elliptical for Pickering XLZ7500 (or Stanton 881/Pickering XSV) ?

I also have a XLZ, love it. Now I'm using d3000. I will be sending my d4500 out to get a retip. I don't believe they make a BD for any Stanton or Pickering MM carts. I checked mrstylus and decapo and they don't. If there is one out there I would be interested.
  7. S

eBay what happens to sellers

If a seller sells thats not what they said and I have pics that it's not. I have what I think is an airtight case. He's trying to say I'm wrong. My question is what happens to him from eBay if I am right and he is wrong. He said no returns but he sent defective item. Ebay said I could use...
  8. S

Albany NY

Sorry can't help you with that I live on long island. If you can solder that might not be a hard job. You might get some help in solid state or general disscusion. Also welcome to AK
  9. S

Albany NY

For those of you interested Glenn runs a meet up of AKers in peekskill NY. It's usually towards the end of oct. Watch in the events & happens section. Under the heading Blue mt lodge. Hope to see you there.
  10. S

What does your pet listen to when they think no one is around?

I have an African Grey Toby .He Loves music. Right now he is listening to some blues on WWOZ. He's standing on a perch almost in front of the speaker whistling, and jamming with the slide guitar. He also loves harmonica, horns and good harmonies. The funnest thing is when I walk in to the house...
  11. S

Seen any good bumper stickers lately?

"Down with hot pants" This is probroly my fav. If you were out and about in the early 70's you know what I mean
  12. S

Recently I met a mod

It's true the mods are real. Contrary to popular beliefs they're living, breathing human beings and quite likable. The weirdest thing is they actually love music and equipment! So if you ever are fortunate enough to meet a mod in the wild say hello and see what happens.
  13. S

Pickering XSV/3000 vs. Stanton 881S. Dissimilar Twins.

Bonzoro I have never heard the 5000, never even seen one. I think you found a hens tooth. Stanton and Pickering are tall carts. If you can't raise the arm maybe you can lower the mat with a thinner one. You can use any Stanton or Pickering MM stylus. Can't use pick XV or stan 680 series, or any...
  14. S

JBL Studio 570: Talk me out of them

Hi Tom I have the 590's in a 22.6 ft x18.6 ft room. They sound great even off axis and in the rest of of the house. A friend has the 580's and a slightly larger room. While they sound very, very good I have not heard them at loud levels and I would suspect they would have a hard time filling the...
Back
Top Bottom