Recent content by SteveP

1. SteveP

Replacement diodes for VD1121...Sony TA-3200F

The VD-1221's are double diodes, so 2 1n4148's are used for replacement. I believe the VD-1121's are single diodes, so a single 1n4148 would do the job. Good luck!
  2. SteveP

Luxman L-100 hummmmmm

@InSaNeBoY: I have an L100 open on my bench that I hope to get to 'one of these days.' I just had a look and that pin is definitely not touching on mine. Good luck with the repair, Steve.
  3. SteveP

Realistic STA-2200 FM meter question

Lots of push on type connectors in these beasts. I got the rest of this receiver working pretty well by unseating the connectors, cleaning the posts and putting the connectors back on. However, like yours, my FM signal strength meter seems pretty flaky. I worked well for a while after cleaning...
  4. SteveP

HMA7500 Lamps

Was your meter set to AC or DC volts? I believe the lamps are on an AC circuit.
  5. SteveP

Scored a Marantz 2250

Nice catch! ;-)
  6. SteveP

Newbie from Winnipeg

Welcome to AK, neighbour :D Steve.
  7. SteveP

AU7500 on the bench

Just top be a picky bugger-----the mica insulators on the T0-3 and T0-66 transistors look pretty dry. Did you remove these transistors and add new heat transfer paste? btw, very nice job! Steve.
  8. SteveP

700M-700C I've joined the club

:thmbsp: Tuner will be on its way tomorrow! Will be a great setup you have!!:thmbsp::thmbsp:
  9. SteveP

A look at one of the coolest receivers I own

It has been claimed that the STA-2200 is the best sounding receiver sold by the Shack. I have a partially recapped one that does sound good---great bass control. These have a pair of the original Hitachi lateral mosfets per channel. Steve.
  10. SteveP

Luxman L-100U Recap

Any updates????
  11. SteveP

Vfet

These may just be 'one-offs' to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Sony VFETS. The article says the amps will be making select stops at dealers around the country. 250 wpc into 4 ohms class A! Monoblocs, with 32 output VFETs per monobloc! Steve.
  12. SteveP

Luxman L-100U Recap

How about putting the fuses back in? Yours is the only one I have seen where the output fuses have been removed. Someone must have modified it before you got it. Steve.
  13. SteveP

Fisher vs. Fisher

Must be some shipping in there too????? At today's rate ......300.00 USD = 317.755 CAD (Xe.com)
  14. SteveP

best "budget" Turntables for a poor boy like me!

+1. Maybe it is time for a recap and general maintenance.
  15. SteveP

Harman Kardon A-402

It is the same as the amp in the 730. A few little differences in the preamp section, but basically the A-402 is a 730 without the tuner. Great little integrated.
Back
Top Bottom