Recent content by stians

1. S

Strange sound - Sansui AU317

Thanks a lot. Are these transistors/diodes still possible to obtain? Regards /Stian
  2. S

Thanks guys, I'll try being quick next time it happens :) Could it be a problem in the phono-stage? I don't remember whether it only appears on phono or all. Will check it out tonight. Regards/ Stian
  3. S

Hello I have a recapped Sansui AU317, and it sounds really good. When not in use (but powered on), it suddenly "pops" and a high pitched sound appears decreasing down to a lower tone (I can hear the pulse (40-50hz maybe)), then disappearing. It takes 2-3 secinds. It works well before and after...
  4. S

Michell Gyrodec speed issue

Hello. I have a Michell Gyrodec with speed issues. It's a AC motor and Gyropower power unit setup. Bearing is fine with oil and the belts are brand new. It takes 3 to 5 minutes to reach speed, and even more to maintain constant speed. There are sudden dips in speed and it's really frustrating...
  5. S

Gyrodec help

Hello! I have a AC Papst/Gyropower controlled Michell Gyrodec. When turned on it uses up to 4-5 minutes to achieve the correct speed - then on steady. I have checked bearing, oiled motor/bearing, belts are ok etc. It really seems to be a power issue, but the AC output is steady from the moment I...
  6. S

Sansui AU 317/555 internal wiring

Thanks a lot! What kind of wire did you use? Is it necessary with silver wire? BTW: the plan is of course to do this reversible. Stian S
  7. S

Sansui AU 317/555 internal wiring

Hello I am about to replace speaker terminals on my AU317 with goldplated quality binding posts, and later on my 555. At the same time, I guess it's important to do something with the internal wiring as well. I will probably bypass the speaker selector switch to leave out one more bad link. I...
  8. S

Sansui AU317 phono overload?

Thanks alot! I guess I'll have to do some more testing I too think that it is a strange stepup-range in that unit. It has great reputation though! And Tim de Paravicini is no rookie in the field. As I stated, it may also be that my calculations aren't correct. Can someone tell me how to...
  9. S

Sansui AU317 phono overload?

Hello I am trying to figure out the best setup for my newly acuired Michell Gyrodec with a Benz Micro Reference (first edition - serviced/retipped) MC cartridge on a Linn Ittok arm. It is hooked up with a Tim de Paravicini "The Head" stepup transformer on a Sansui AU-317 MM phonoinput. Benz...
  10. S

Thanks, I have not tried vinyl engine yet. I trust the competence in here . I'll check it out anyways. Have sent an email to Michell, but have not yet heard from them. S
  11. S

Hi I have just purchased a Michell Gyrodec with QC Gyropower PSU (AC-system) and with a speed problem. I have checked and adjusted the output voltage to 19 an 21 Volts (33/45 rpm) according to instructions, but the motor still fluctuates a lot. BTW, it's not a platter/belt problem. The Papst...
  12. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Hello again and thank you very much for all help. I started all over and all values are now good. The amp is up and running! Most earlier problems are gone, but it is still a hiss present. I guess it is a transistor problem and I will follow other leads here on that issue. My newly recapped...
  13. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Thanks. I measured across the R837/838 resistors yesterday and i believe it read about 300 (not sure where to put the decimal though...i'll check over the 839/840 tonight). I guess I have a long checklist here and will post an update later. Thanks again!
  14. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

YES! That was exactly what I hoped for. Do I measure the voltage over the resistor or between one of its legs and to ground? Thanks a lot!
  15. S

Sansui AU555 cutout

Back
Top Bottom