Recent content by Stillhouse

1. Stillhouse

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

I don't use them on my CR-600, but philosophically I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. ;)
  2. Stillhouse

Fender Stratocaster turns 70

Bending and vibrato hand techniques and mechanical vibrato systems have always produced different sounds that never seemed interchangeable to me.
  3. Stillhouse

It takes a lot of back and forth adjusting to get it right. Press the bar down, release, check tuning, measure bridge to body, and adjust. Pull bar up, release, check tuning, measure, adjust. Lather, rinse repeat until satisfied.
  4. Stillhouse

I've got a Squier Standard Strat from 2012 with the two point Fender tremolo and it stays in tune admirably, damn near perfectly. I had avoided trem guitars for 20+ years because of the tuning instability but I finally learned how to set this one up so the bridge floats as intended. Not decked...
  5. Stillhouse

Fun Factoid Of The Day

There's certainly no reliable evidence suggesting they dont.
  6. Stillhouse

Fun Factoid Of The Day

Werewolves had nothing to do with the founding or destruction of the lost city of Atlantis. Werewolves have never attacked any person who was eating yams. We still don't know everything there is to know about pineapples.
  7. Stillhouse

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

Looks like all but one (M-5000) of Yamaha's stereo amps have knobs, as do all but the lowest two or three models of their stereo receivers. https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/index.html#d366107
  8. Stillhouse

Do I need a streamer?

You could get a cheap little Raspberry Pi and run one of the many music server programs like Volumio. https://volumio.com/get-started/
  9. Stillhouse

Did you travel to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

Nah, we're good. The solar panels we bought work at night too. Least that's what the Yankee sales people said. :D
  10. Stillhouse

Pop Coolers with Cold Water Around the Pop

If memory serves me, what I recall might have been a Westinghouse WD-22: https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/30828-westinghouse-wd-22-coca-cola-cooler
  11. Stillhouse

Pop Coolers with Cold Water Around the Pop

Oh yeah. The little store in the town my grandparents lived in had one. I remember it being so cold your hand would hurt after you got your bottle out. This would've been in the early '80s and had apparently been in that store since my dad was growing up.
  12. Stillhouse

Did you travel to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

We're supposed to be around 90% of totality here(McAllen, TX), but forecast calls for mostly cloudy weather along most of the southern path in the state.
  13. Stillhouse

WHY Do People Purchase BPC and such

Or just don't care. Just something to pump out some music for ambience. Cheap used AVRs and other amps of the BPC variety foot the bill better than desirable vintage units.
  14. Stillhouse

Messed around with a Marantz 2226B now presumably … dead

When you say it was "somewhat working" before, what were you able to get it to do?
  15. Stillhouse

Messed around with a Marantz 2226B now presumably … dead

I believe that's just a fuse symbol printed on the circuit board, not an actual wire.
Back
Top Bottom