Stink Bear's Recent Activity

1. Stink Bear liked 4-2-7's post in the thread Getting Black Water Rings Off The Tops Of Your Speakers?.

Well not really rocket science and more like cooking a pinch here a pinch there. Oxalic acid mix I would say about 2 big table spoons...

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:30 AM
  2. Stink Bear replied to the thread 2215B static in left channel on FM.

Can't keep it. I need to replace the dial pointer lamp and the power cord, then it's up for sale. I recently started repairing stereo...

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:15 AM
  3. Stink Bear replied to the thread 2215B static in left channel on FM.

I did some more troubleshooting / monkeying around and was pretty sure I was only hearing the static on one station, so I tried my two...

Jun 16, 2018 at 3:32 AM
  4. Stink Bear replied to the thread Getting Black Water Rings Off The Tops Of Your Speakers?.

I really could have used this a couple of months ago. I tried to sand stains off of an Advent speaker, didn't work too well. I don't...

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:49 AM
  5. Stink Bear posted a new thread.

2215B static in left channel on FM

I recently got this 2215B. One channel was weak and distorted, I'm almost positive it was the right channel. I swapped the output...

Forum: Marantz Audio

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:38 AM
  6. Stink Bear replied to the thread SD4020.

Got it, thanks. I've gotten used to searching on SD4000 because apparently the models are very similar and not much comes up for SD4020.

Jun 14, 2018
  7. Stink Bear replied to the thread SD4020.

Thanks, I was just trying to find the dealer. Searching on Revox_de, they come up on ebay, is that where you meant by auction site? They...

Jun 14, 2018
  8. Stink Bear replied to the thread SD4020.

I already cleaned the melted belt residue off of the motor pulley. I mostly used q-tips and alcohol. It was pretty darn...

Jun 14, 2018
  9. Stink Bear posted a new thread.

Surrounds for Buhoe Blues?

Anyone have advice on where to get surrounds for Blue Burhoes? There are a couple of advertisers on ebay that claim to have the...

Forum: Speakers

Jun 14, 2018
  10. Stink Bear replied to the thread SD4020.

Thanks Steve, sounds like good advice. I've been an aircraft mechanic for many years so not too good at disassembling/reassembling...

Jun 14, 2018