Recent content by StraightCase

1. StraightCase

Pioneer SX-737 Restoration

Well I wound up sending my unit off for alignment at The Audiowright Shop in Columbus, Ohio. It took nearly 12 weeks due to a massive backlog, but the alignment was performed. He wound up replacing a transistor that was preventing him from aligning the unit. I asked if they would just replace...
  2. StraightCase

Alright, I will be taking the unit in to AudioWright in Columbus for an AM/FM alignment. Are there any transistors (Q8 and Q9 already replaced) or maybe the FET that should get replaced by him before the alignment gets done? Anything that will become problematic with the tuner? High failure rate...
  3. StraightCase

Ok, I stepped away for a while and came back to it. I didn't relize how much you had to turn these new variable resistors. Everything I have checked so far is working correctly and I have put it on main power to perform the adjustments.
  4. StraightCase

Ok, the power amp has been completed. I installed TTA004B in Q9 and Q10 and TTC004B in Q7 and Q8. I turned all vr1-vr4 full ccw. (Vr3 and 4 will spin freely and have no stop) the protection relay did not kick until I turned either VR1 OR 2 up about half way. I attempted to adjust neutral...
  5. StraightCase

Yep, that looks like a winner right there! I am going to order a set. Thank you! Now I am just waiting on those after which I will start on the tuner. I went ahead and got the main filter caps in. They were smaller in diameter than the old ones. I just took the jacket off some romex that was...
  6. StraightCase

It is already in post 10. I must let you know that I make no claim on the accuracy of the content. I will say that it is HEAVILY derived from content posted by markthefixer. Now, back on the topic KSA1220AYS for Q9 and Q10 on the power amp. Local electronic store told me over the phone they had...
  7. StraightCase

Answer The Question With A Question Game

Could he have had some late night "fun?"
  8. StraightCase

Answer The Question With A Question Game

How did someone's a$$ get close to his eye?
  9. StraightCase

Man, that was loud!

I think we have all have been here. I was listening to empty input noise on my Pioneer SX-737. Volume all the way up with my Sennheiser headphones on my ears. Turned through the inputs and hit FM... My hands never traveled so quickly to the power switch before in my life! Hahaha!
  10. StraightCase

Everything up to this point has been going very well and I have been checking every time after I finish a board on my DBT. I am down to the power amp and tuner remaining. I am at the point where I am replacing the variable resistors VR1 - VR4 on the power amp. Let me use VR1 as an example...
  11. StraightCase

Very smart! This way you effectively capture the mechanism at an extreme and can easily (in theory) replace it after the work is done. I will get some painters tape to avoid leaving adhesive on everything. Thanks for the tip! More progress has been made. The switch & volume, microphone amp, and...
  12. StraightCase

The State of Rock

Sunrise in Texas - Blackberry Smoke
  13. StraightCase

The State of Rock

Blue Yodel No. 1 (T for Texas) written by Jimmie Rodgers has been redone by bands among them being Lynyrd Skynyrd and Waylon Jennings. The City of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie
  14. StraightCase

Well I have been able to get some work done. Started on the power supply and protection boards. Definitely looks like someone has been in here before I was. There were some caps branded "Jameco" and encountered some semi-lifted pads on the power supply board. I scraped off some of the coating...
  15. StraightCase

Thanks for that! I found that out a couple days ago after trying to adjust it per the manual. Noticed they were switched around and found a thread with an updated page which I printed. Little off topic, but got the hernia surgery. Feels like a perpetual nut shot. Hahaha. Probably going to get...
Back
Top Bottom