Recent content by stratokim

1. S

Akai GX77 - Odd Behavior

did you ever find the problem with your deck. I have had some slow down and stop and replacing the TH1 thermistor took care of the problem.
  2. S

AKAI GX-77 R2R New to Me - replace fuse and go!

I have an akai gx-77 that will not even power up. I checked and 120 volts are getting to the power supply board but I get nothing when plugged up. This one has me stumped. I just can't imagine what is wrong. I did check all the fuses and they check good. this one has one extra fuse on the power...
  3. S

akai gx-77 only has incoming signal on left channel

hi , I am trying to figure out what is wrong on an akai gx-77 reel to reel tape deck I am working on. everything is working fine except when recording , it only records the left channel. if you switch to source it still only has a signal coming in from the the left channel. no signal for the...
  4. S

HELP - No Sound from Right Channel on RT-909

I have a Pioneer RT-909 that is only playing out of the right channel. The left channel has no sound although it shows it is playing on the vu meter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did clean the monitor switch. and then sprayed cleaner on the preamp board. ???????
  5. S

Pioneer RT-909 rewind problem , can't adjust speed

I have a Pioneer RT-909 that will not rewind. when I put rubber bands to hold the tensioners on and hit rewind both motors are spinning strong in opposite directions. I know you are supposed to be able to turn down the motor speed with the blue pots. so in this condition you put a tape on it...
  6. S

Hi I have a Pioneer RT-909 not rewinding. You mention in a 909 post about 2 diodes and 2...

Hi I have a Pioneer RT-909 not rewinding. You mention in a 909 post about 2 diodes and 2 resistors on the control b board. Can you tell me where they are located so I can test them. Thank you, Kim
  7. S

RT-909 Rewind Problem

Hi Rich great post. I have a Pioneer 909 that will not rewind. On checking I found the right motor will not slow down and cannot be turned down . therefore when you hit rewind it just sit there and hums. it plays fine in reverse play. Just the rewind problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thank...
  8. S

Pioneer RT-909 meter issue

in the service manual it looks like they are on the preamp board. Is this correct?
  9. S

Hi Glenn can you tell me where to adjust the vu meter levels. The left meter is not up with the right. Thank you for any info . Kim
  10. S

AKAI GX-77 isn't showing input level except all the way up - I'm a newb!

Hi Ian did you find the record problem. Usually its the fault of that switch under the long bar on the bottom
  11. S

Pioneer RT-909 belt change help

Hi Glen Did you find out a way to get the 4 screws out so you can change the belt. All 4 of mine are stripped from a previous owner . guess that is why he sent me the belt to do the job with. I am at a loss.How in the world can you get a hacksaw blade to those screws to cut a slot in them...
  12. S

RT-909 reel motors not working

Hi Glen Is that zener 25volt diode the one that is at the top of the main 2200uf 50volt cap on the b board. It sit right over it if i'm correct. Thank you for any info . I have lost all of my motors trying to get them back.
  13. S

I agree with you but cannot find a bad solder joint. I did reflow a few also cannot see a bad trace with magnifier and strong light. That capacitor I press on is one that I changed with a Nichicon. I still have no change. Other than this issue the deck works and sounds great. . I am stumped
  14. S

also there is a capacitor right in the same area and when I press on the capacitor it puts the meter back where it should be.
  15. S

Hi Glenn. I have a deck with about the same problem as yours had. the left meter works but the right meter is pegged all of the time. I can press on a certain spot on the bottom board near a transistor and when I press down the pegged meter goes down to zero. as if it would work. Not sure if it...
Back
Top Bottom