Recent content by stratosfear

1. stratosfear

Favorite Programming Languages

Troutman's Sixth Programming Postulate: Profanity is the one language all programmers know best. I really enjoyed QuickBasic and wrote programs my employer's software department thought a Basic language couldn't do.
  2. stratosfear

Recording Vinyl onto CD

It's a Creative board. Not top of the line, but close. I'm now using only the optical out to a DAC and none of the analog capability. I should point out the JIL requires a phono preamp if recording from a turntable.
  3. stratosfear

Recording Vinyl onto CD

If you're considering using a MacBook, you might look into a Schiit JIL for the ADC. I'm using one with Audacity on Win10 and the results are better than the sound card I was using. Jon
  4. stratosfear

PCB Fabricator - opinion and suggestion request

Just to clarify, OSH Park is a batch service, combining multiple projects into a panel that is sent off to a manufacturer. I've got no association with them except as a very satisfied customer. Be sure to see their DipTrace page to avoid some potential problems. Keep us posted on how it goes.
  5. stratosfear

PCB Fabricator - opinion and suggestion request

I highly recommend OSH Park. If you send Gerbers, they'll have no problem with your design. Jon
  6. stratosfear

And now it's Mose Allison

Mose would get occasional airplay on the jazz programs I listen to. Always an enjoyable listen. RIP Mose.
  7. stratosfear

I Left My Heart In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Sammy Hagar/Tom Waits I Can't Drive Ol' '55 Genesis/Easybeats Get 'Em Out By Friday On My Mind
  8. stratosfear

Just east of Kansas City

Odd to be welcomed after being here for a year, but you can't argue that AK is (usually) friendly. noisefreq, I'm in Independence, too, not too far from the Twin Drive-in.
  9. stratosfear

I Left My Heart In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Joni Mitchell and King Crimson In the Court and Spark of the Crimson King Joni Mitchell and Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird in Paris Al Di Meola and AC/DC Race With Devil On Spanish Highway to Hell
  10. stratosfear

Schiit Modi Multibit

Dave1701, I had the same driver installation problems as you. After a few attempts, I opened Hardware Manager to see if Windows even detected the Modi. Under "Audio inputs and outputs" was a listing that showed it was working properly and drivers were installed. I have no idea why the...
  11. stratosfear

Roye Albrighton passes

Heard recently that Roye Albrighton of Nektar passed away on 27 July. RIP Roye. http://bestclassicbands.com/nektar-roye-albrighton-dead-7-28-16/
  12. stratosfear

ALBUM COVERS BY FAMOUS ARTISTS

HR Giger
  13. stratosfear

Need 5v NiCd battery

Batteries America has a large variety of pre-made NiCd batteries for the RC market. The Receiver Packs page probably has exactly what you need. Jon
  14. stratosfear

Lab Wash bottle for cleaning LP's

McMaster Carr is another source. Jon
Back
Top Bottom