superdog
Last Activity:
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:11 AM
Birthday:
Jul 17, 1961 (Age: 55)

Share This Page

superdog

AK Member, Male, 55, from Southern Colo.

superdog was last seen:
Viewing thread My dad picked up some speakers for me..., Apr 29, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    1. yotems
      yotems
      do you still have the mcs 3260 and if so would you be interested in selling it?
      1. superdog
        superdog
        Sorry but i sold that when I started downsizing a few years ago.Ron
        Jan 29, 2016
    2. superdog
      superdog
      Sorry I am of no help technically.I just have a R117 and think it is a fantastic unit.$250 is a very good price if all is working.Scratchy volumes are common.Aftermarket remotes are available on ebay if yours is too much trouble.Original remotes are scarce and pricey when they do come up.I run my r117 with a set of JBL L112 and AR94s.Enjoy,Ron
    3. jimbojam
      jimbojam
      Post Script -Any other recommended experts on the R-117 I should query here is appreciated
      thnx again
    4. jimbojam
      jimbojam
      Hi Superdog-I enjoyed the dialogue re: the Luxman R-117 & have a chance to purchase one for aprox $250. OBO & would appreciate your thoughts, comments & advice on the following issues w/the unit posted by the seller.
      " the remote works intermittently at best. When it is working, two other problems are eliminated which are a scratchy volume control and a power switch that has an unconventional way it powers down. The light on the CD Straight function does not come on, but it appears to be working fine. When the volume is set, there are no issues and it plays beautifully "

I'm not worried about the "Power" switch or "volume" -should I be ? but more baffled why the remote seems to be soo temperamental.

BTW -I presently have a R-113 & really love the lil guy & using a Klipsch "powered" bass ProMedia 2.1 as a pre amp. & recently bought a pair of beautiful Canton Karat 920s to compliment anice pair of Infinity RS-425s. Any issues with the speakers & a R-117 ?

thnx, jimbojam
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 17, 1961 (Age: 55)

Signature

RXV1~RXZ9~M50-~RXV800~B&K507~SR6300~DH200
    ARC SP8~KEF 104/2~Aragon 4t2~L100~L112~EV SP15~EV T-35