Recent content by superdog

1. superdog

PIONEER SX-980 worth?

Fair price...not $1200.
  2. superdog

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I loved those supernatural comics back in the 70s.Very nice save.
  3. superdog

They were HPM 150s.Someone replaced the original woofer and mids but the cabinets and grills were clean and they sounded good enough.I just didn't have room anymore for another set of large speakers.I fact I've sold five sets of 15 inch CVs since.So the guy I got the 150s from worked at the...
  4. superdog

I think this unit makes it easier to move my Yamaha CR1020 on down the road.It seems to have a fuller sound for the NS1000 speakers.I like it more than the 1020.
  5. superdog

Onkyo Integra TX-85 totl receiver in 1984.This unit has perhaps the best tuner I've had in countless receivers.Excellent sounding unit and a shining example of 80s technology. Found at a GW. The conrad johnson pv5 was from a reseller in trade for relatively peanuts.The story he had was this was...
  6. superdog

Hope springs eternal

Even after twenty years at this I am still surprised at what still shows up as far as makes and rebranded equipment.
  7. superdog

Rhapsody in Blue at 100 today.

I have the LP somewhere in my collection.I preferred Porgy and Bess though.
  8. superdog

Cerwin Vega re series Opinions needed

I was running some RE-38 on ten inch stands powered by a Yamaha RX-V3200 (130wpc) receiver and they sounded fantastic with well recorded rock music.I don't have that listening space anymore but I'm going to power them with a Kenwood M2 (220 wpc) for a bit before I decide if I no longer have the...
  9. superdog

Pretty impressed with the Denon AVR-5700!

Curious as to what you see in the Schmitt compared to the Denons amp section? I'm pretty sure I have a 3805 w\remote under my bed.
  10. superdog

Got some AR93s

The 620 may not have enough grunt for these speakers.
  11. superdog

KENWOOD KR-1000 Galaxy Commander Review

It developed an issue.When you powered it off and upon powering up again the volume would be full blast.One could shut the speakers off but I just decided to sell it as is.It was a typical (at least to my ears) vintage monster receiver...it would play loud but was a bit unrefined.I probably...
  12. superdog

Acquired my first Kenny Receiver - KR 9400

I had a 9400 and one of the big G receivers.Its been a while but I do remember it sounding very good and the big G while larger, weighed a third less than the 9400.
  13. superdog

I've been fairly lucky in cheap vintage audio finds in the past.Its pretty much behind me now.
  14. superdog

Crazy good score at that price.I had one of these about twenty five years ago.I like it a lot.
  15. superdog

Marantz SR-9000G Mystery Receiver

A rare beauty for sure.I'm not a big fan of 70s Marantz but I wouldn't mind trying one of those out.
Back
Top Bottom