Recent content by swechsler

1. swechsler

Boston Accoustics T-1000 advice needed

The impedance mismatch will affect the crossover frequency and possibly, slightly, the output level. The change may not be audible, depending on the slope of the crossover. To be honest, I suspect your listening room will affect the sound more than the impedance change.
  2. swechsler

Talk me out of this

I'm going to second (or third or fourth) the keeping of the NHTs and upgrade with a subwoofer. The 1.5s are really something special. Regarding the NHT sub for sale; make sure it comes with an amp. Many NHT subs sold were passive. But even if you have to spend more on a subwoofer, IMO that would...
  3. swechsler

Technics SA-GX500, Question

You responded to my PM earlier. Check your email; I just sent the manual. It's pretty large (16M) so it may take a little while to get there.
  4. swechsler

Bose 601 series i

Replacing woofers in a vented enclosure is rarely a good idea. Especially with car subs.
  5. swechsler

I didn't get the PM; try again.
  6. swechsler

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
  7. swechsler

Help! I need unobtanium DBX Soundfield SF-100 tweeters.

You can ignore power handling when looking for replacements, but the rest of your objections are valid.
  8. swechsler

I suggest you read the manual. The service manual has operating instructions as well.
  9. swechsler

What about the other EQ buttons? The ones under the volume knob. Do they do anything?
  10. swechsler

Saved from the trash heap...

Jensen...
  11. swechsler

Do none of the EQ controls work with the Parametric EQ System button in either position? Nothing indicated on the display? If that's the case, I'd say that the equalizer section is broken.
  12. swechsler

What the heck speakers are these???

I think that's it. @BigscreenBob, here's all you ever wanted to know about JSG Prophile.
  13. swechsler

What the heck speakers are these???

Robertson fasteners suggest a Canadian manufacturer.
  14. swechsler

Help! I need unobtanium DBX Soundfield SF-100 tweeters.

Maybe you can make these work?
  15. swechsler

The tone controls are part of the built-in equalizer. Turn on the EQ using the button to the right of the balance knob. Then they should work.
Back
Top Bottom