SWL3600
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately Skizo does not allow access to his page. Am I correct that the D1+ would only need 1 of the OPamps ?(unless modding the phones side) Which opamp and tube would you start off with ? My primary system is a tube ST70 through Cornwalls? Thanks for your help.
    SWL3600
    SWL3600
    Sorry Rickelrod, I totally overlooked this. As far as I know, the D1 only takes one opamp.

The tube is tough.....it really depends on the other components in your system. The good news is that these tubes aren't terribly expensive.
    SWL3600 How are you? I'm writing because I too have a Maverick D1 and also a D1plus. I'm also into vintage tube and getting into digital. Would you mind giving me the short version on upgrading the D1plus? I've read the thread and will read it again but would feel better about getting the info straight from you as I will certainly screw up a shopping list extracted from the thread!
    Regards,
    Rick in VA.
    SWL3600
    SWL3600
    Hi Rick,

Actually, I have a D2.... not a D1. Member SKiZo is the guy you want to talk to. He has a D1 and has made mods to it.

Good luck.....if I can help you out in any other way just give me a shout!

-Scott
    Got it!

I'd love to be at Robie's, but I live in Idaho now, so that would be a stretch! :D

Clay
    Hey Scott: I saw your post thanks for making the time to share your findings. You are 100% correct the KLF 20/30 are very good loudspeakers they just need a little TLC and they steal the spotlight away from the Forte ll. Keep your eyes peeled for a set of CF3 or CF4 crossovers and you can turn your KLF20 into an even better speaker. I use my KLF20 woofers with a EV DH1A fitted with a double cutaway Karlson K-Tube along with a CF3 network and the results are superb. Keep having fun. Find a set of DH1A they are the best deal in audio today absolutely sota for peanuts. 2" or 1/4" exit. Best regards Moray James.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom