Recent content by T Ferguson

1. T Ferguson

Budget headphone set up for work travel

Great, thanks for the more affordable DAC options! I also learned, through this thread, that the newer iPhones (I have a 12) can stream hi-res to a DAC, which I don’t think was possible a while back. This simplifies my setup and the smaller DAC options are great from a size perspective, too...
  2. T Ferguson

Very cool, thanks for the suggestions! Any audio quality impact with Bluetooth vs wired? I’m not afraid of wired headphones if so - they’ll just be mostly relegated to hotel room use. Dan
  3. T Ferguson

Hello all, My current job has me traveling more than I’m used to, and I’d like to put together a low budget headphone rig. My travel is about 50/50 driving or flying, so I’d like something relatively portable and inexpensive incase it gets broken or lost. I also need to go with closed back...
  4. T Ferguson

Lux and B&W just sing together -- happy musician dude

Love it, you’re living my dream! I’ve had a pair of Matrix 804s in my main system for almost 10 years, and have never had a proper amp powering them. I’m often using a home theater receiver set up to bi-amp which is better than an under-powered amp. But I’ve been on the hunt for an adequately...
  5. T Ferguson

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

I swear this album is 3D…
  6. T Ferguson

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Rediscovering an old favorite - Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot has been remastered for its 20th anniversary. I’m hearing so many things that were muddled together for the 20 years I’ve been listening to this album. I mean really listening to it - over and over for 1/2 my life. The detail is...
  7. T Ferguson

Pics of your listening space

Ive moved in to a much smaller 120 year old house - so my listening options are limited. Trying to make the best of things in the guitar lounge with my head about 8’ from these big B&W Matrix 804s. Might need some smaller speakers… Still using a home theater receiver until I decide what this...
  8. T Ferguson

Need some cartridge help

Hey all, long time lurker/member. Love this place so much, thanks to all of the cool people and for the great info over the years. I’m having trouble with my dad’s old turntable due to the old school Shure cartridge. I put a new stylus on it several years ago - found an NOS Shure N92E and man...
  9. T Ferguson

Picture from your listening spot right now!

COVID home office set up in the basement. This space was a sewing room in a former life, hence the decorations...
  10. T Ferguson

Is this a decent CL deal?

Yes, good call, I hate threads like that. Screen shot added.
  11. T Ferguson

Is this a decent CL deal?

Marantz 2230 for sale on my local Craigslist. I have no need for this thing. Is it worth picking up, refurbing if needed, and reselling? https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/d/mooresville-marantz-stereo-receiver/7288227808.html Assuming it’s real....
  12. T Ferguson

Pics of your listening space

Wow, that room! :cool: I hope your floor has been reinforced!
  13. T Ferguson

At a crossroads. Leaving the hobby?

My hobbies come in phases, and those phases rotate sometimes randomly. Though I do pick up new hobbies over time, there are several things that I always return to and audio is one of them. When I start getting back in to listening, I’m always glad I have my system(s) and can jump right back...
  14. T Ferguson

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Me, too. But that’s the nice thing about this site; zero competitive vibe. Nice set up!
Back
Top Bottom