Recent content by Tangerine

1. Tangerine

Pioneer A-88X

Turns out it was just loose set screws, two of them and a 1.5mm Allen key was needed to set things right. However, the amp now has another problem...a dead left channel. C'est la vie.
  2. Tangerine

Pioneer A-88X

Maniac, What sized allen key did you need to get the main volume knob off with? I've only noticed now that mine just spins a full 360deg and feels very loose in hand. I'm hoping that the set screws just need tightening and that the volume pot itself hasn't been destroyed (I suspect by the hand...
  3. Tangerine

Whereabouts of Doc ?

If he’s still in Canberra that’s great, that’s where I live.
  4. Tangerine

Using A-9’s to Bi-Amp Infinity Kappa 8 - Thoughts on pre-amp to use?

I’ve swapped out the damaged Polydome with a set of “aftermarket” ones and hooked it to my 777. It’s 8:45pm here and me and the cat are the only ones up, but Midnight Oil on CD sounds good with the loud dial barely off the stop. So far so good.
  5. Tangerine

I have an A-9 and an A-777 at my disposal plus a Yamaha RX-A2A Aventage receiver.
  6. Tangerine

Most, if not all, posts I’ve seen about driving Kappa 8’s is that they need high current Amps of various makes to be able to use them to their full potential, using two to bi-amp, mainly due to the power hungry woofers.
  7. Tangerine

Background The person I bought the Kappa 8’s from was using a pair of NAD C272 amps and an Atoll PR 200 pre-amp. Situation I have a pair of A-9’s I could use but no pre-amp to interface CD/TT/Deck into the Amps. So my question is: What Pioneer pre-amp of suitable lineage to the A-9 would be...
  8. Tangerine

Infinity Kappa 8's Missing Base - Need to buy or Dimensions to Fabricate?

If I may, what size bolts did you use to attach your base to the speaker?
  9. Tangerine

Pioneer A-88X - Main Filter Caps looked "bloated

You are spot on! The tops did readily move under thumb pressure and pop back into place, so they seem to be ok. Thanks for your insight.
  10. Tangerine

Pioneer A-88X - Main Filter Caps looked "bloated

"Hello all, Just received this machine the other day, it's exhibiting issues with front panel switching needing a good clean. So, off came the lid and I noticed that the four main filter caps (71V, 10,000uF) had stripes on them. It took a few secs to realise that they were touching the lid and...
  11. Tangerine

Pioneer A-88X

Do you have any pics of the internals, especially the big filter caps? cheers Les
  12. Tangerine

Converting input voltage from 100/110/120v to 240v

You are spot on, I do have a few step down trannys that the local US embassy were getting rid of, but they are quite clunky, still they do allow me to use US sourced gear.
  13. Tangerine

My intention was to change out power supply components to meet the input mains voltage. The simple way would be to use a cct diagram from a 240v variant and replace components as needed. The trick would be the transformer of course depending in the input/output windings ratio and it’s power...
  14. Tangerine

Hello, I’m wondering if it’s conceivable to alter the power supply of a piece of gear to enable a different input voltage to that originally designed? Has anyone done such a thing? Are there “mod kits” or instructions out there that would enable such a change to be done? All discussions...
  15. Tangerine

CT-F1000 - No tape transport movement

I've ordered 12 switches JIC.
Back
Top Bottom