1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice
Tedrick
Last Activity:
Dec 9, 2018 at 2:58 PM
Media:
Albums:
Birthday:
Sep 27, 1961 (Age: 57)
Geologist/Environmental Scientist

Share This Page

Tedrick

Infinity-phile, 57, from Gainesville, FL

Subscriber
Tedrick was last seen:
Dec 9, 2018 at 2:58 PM
    1. Dave1290
      Dave1290
      Morning Tedrick. Nice to see another old Infinity-phile! :)
    2. Argon66
      Argon66
    3. Ishmael
      Ishmael
      Tedrick, HI Ishmael here any information on a contact person for OEM KEF speaker surrounds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    4. Speakernutz
      Speakernutz
      weakness mainly in my legs ....Anyway I still have not aquired a decent High current amo to listen to my Infinity RSIIs. Soon man Soon!
    5. Speakernutz
      Speakernutz
      Well I just looked here and see I missed a question from you in 2013.>Sorry aabout that...But my dr put on some serious sleep meds thats over 11 months cost me a lot of viability. I'm well on the mend now but personally I was scared I wasn't getting getting mobile enough to turn the corner ..The drug caused some real we
    6. Speakernutz
      Speakernutz
      Happy Birthday and I hope your day was perfect!
    7. raptor69
      raptor69
      Tedrick - I don't know if you are still subscribed to this forum, but having read some of your posts on the Infinity Reference Standard 2.5 speakers, I got the definite impression you were a serious proponent of the Infinity speakers, as well as someone with great knowledge of them. If you are still in here, could I ask you for some advice about selling some of these speakers? I'll expound on this after I've determined whether you are still monitoring this forum - I guess there would be no use in going into lots of details if I'm talking to myself, right? Anyway - please reply to this. I'm new to the forum, and I'm trying to be sure I don't violate any rules, so I was trying to send this pm to gather some info before posting publicly. Thanks in advance...
    8. ProPerDoper
      ProPerDoper
      My mistake....one woofer needs to be re-coned. Not sure about what that process is like.
    9. ProPerDoper
      ProPerDoper
      Hey Ted,

I'm a big fan of Infinity, currently running Primus 360, Overture 1, and Reference 2000.6.

I've got a line on a set of RS7 on Craig's List for $50.00. Woofers will likely need refoam...$24 for parts on eBay.

How do these compare in your opinion to the other Infinity models that I own? From everything I read online, it appears that at $75.00 total, these would be a deal.

Your thoughts?
    10. wash.and.dry
      wash.and.dry
      Hey Ted,
      I live in St. Augustine and am looking for ANY store in North FL that has a music showroom. I have yet to find anything in Jax, Daytona, or here. This sounds funny but I have never been to Gainesville although it I want to check it out. Do you have anything you could recommend? I think I'll head over next week. Thanks, Mark
    11. Tedrick
      Tedrick
      Hey, Kurt:
      I like the Sony's, they have a very smooth, non-fatiguing sound, and are quite a bit more forgiving of poor recordings. But oftentimes I find that I really miss the detail and punch of the Infinity's. I would like to try some SS-M9's some day to hear for myself if the extra treble drivers enhance the level of detail any.
    12. kurtgo
      kurtgo
      Ted:
      What's up with those Sonys? What do they sound like? Your eqpt list got me to looking at reviews for the SS-m7's and 9's. Sounds very interesting. Probably be through there in a week or so. Any info would be great.
      Kurt
    13. Jack Cheddar
      Jack Cheddar
      I get down that way on occasion. A buddy and I try to get to Sharpe's as often as we can. Also hit the antique places for albums and equipment as well. Picked up a Sony tuner and turntable in Micanopy...realized I needed an integrated amp to make it all work, so I found a Sony on ebay for $25. It's all mid 80's works great. Music is 70's classic rock and jazz. So what about you?
    14. Jack Cheddar
      Jack Cheddar
      HI Tedrick..
      Just wanted to say hi. I live in the Lake City area and have recently gotten back the audio bug.
    15. Gohan
      Gohan
      How are you doing?
    16. rich52569
      rich52569
      hi i'm richard. i live in archer. i have rs 2"s not "b"s though. mabey we can get together sometime. rich
    17. marantzroom
      marantzroom
      I found a good electronics guy ! We took them apart and found that it was not as bad as I thought. Once you loose one driver it really effects the entire sound. This is because of the serial/parelel wiring (spelling). We are one our way to a fix and should have everything going in about a week.
    18. marantzroom
      marantzroom
      Hello Tedeick, I did what you warned me not to do. Straight a/c into the QLS 1 's and blew a half a dozen emits and domes... Any ideas about replacements or repairs?
      Thank you
      Albert
    19. marantzroom
      marantzroom
      I have a chance to get a pair of qsl 1 infinity speakers for 1,000 $$$$$.
      They are re-coned and are in 9.5 for shape... What do you think?
      Thank you Albert
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 27, 1961 (Age: 57)
    Geologist/Environmental Scientist
    Audio, music, golf, kites, birdwatching

Interact

Signature

Main: VPI Classic - Lyra Delos - Sutherland PH3D - Music Hall Maverick - Adcom GFP-750 - Usher R1.5 - Infinity RS-IIbs
    Living Room: VPI Aries I - Lyra Clavis - Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena - CAL Delta/Sigma II - McCormack TLC-1 - Forte Model 6 - Infinity Modulus - Genesis G-928