Recent content by TejasRichard

1. TejasRichard

Chinese gear - thoughts?

While not a power amp, I absolutely love my Little Dot mkIII.
  2. TejasRichard

Little Dot MKIII Tube Preamp- Low Output

Hi guys! Here is the deal, I have a Little Dot MkIII Preamp, as the title says. Two nights ago, we had a very short power outage, due to a thunderstorm. As soon as we realized what had happened, I went and turned on the gear...everything powered up...then I turned it all off and unplugged it...
  3. TejasRichard

Anti virus warning on ak screenshot

Yep, I'm getting the warning, also. Using chrome, here.
  4. TejasRichard

Leben. Thinking something drastic here.

Hey john, while not exactly what you were looking for, simplicity-wise, there is still lots of really neat-looking modern gear out there: http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/HIBACHI.html I own these, and love them. They are much prettier in person than in photographs (the finish requires...
  5. TejasRichard

Soundstage

I don't think that is necessarily true. You can take a totally manufactured, unnatural sound and place it in the soundstage. Floyd did it all the time...there was nothing natural about some of those effects ;) But I do get what you are saying, also. If something sounds off, it really throws a...
  6. TejasRichard

Advice on picking a pair of tube amps

On a related note, I emailed the designer of my amps last night to see if I could get some detailed specs. They spec out nearly as nice as they sound. One thing was puzzling...the sensitivity! What is the highest input sensitivity you have heard of? (By that, I mean lowest input voltage for full...
  7. TejasRichard

Soundstage

Actually, I can get behind nearly all of that (much is out of my range of first-hand knowledge, but it passes the logic test). It was just that particular use of the term "audio memory" that threw me. I have always heard it used to mean memory of a specific event.
  8. TejasRichard

Soundstage

We must know the same pixies :D
  9. TejasRichard

Soundstage

I agree. How can I have a memory of an event I never witnessed? It is certainly an illusion, but the placement is too solid and repeatable for it to be all in my head.
  10. TejasRichard

Looking to upgrade system...really intimidated

Lol, my lust for the IRS series is no secret! I am honestly a little envious that you have had a chance to listen to so many of them :D My goal is to own a nice pair of gammas (oh, to be able to own speakers that would make the Q's sound just ok, by comparison!!!), unless my ship comes in...
  11. TejasRichard

Right, and if 60 percent of the musical energy in the song you are listening to is in the bass region, then only 40 watts of your hundred watt amp is available for your tweeters and mids. The other 60 watts is being dissipated as heat by the xover network. In other words, you have no more power...
  12. TejasRichard

Ken, I think, in this case, the goal is to maximize power efficiency. If you are able to limit the input of the amp to the bandwidth the drivers will actually be reproducing, then the amp won't be wasting power amplifying signals that simply get taken out by the crossover network before they...
  13. TejasRichard

Soundstage

Shouldn't matter, providing your volume adjustment tracks both channels properly at all levels (and I'm honestly not sure how much of a difference this would make...I mean, if it was severely off, sure, otherwise it might just pull very slightly to one side or the other of center)...and as long...
  14. TejasRichard

Soundstage

If you need any help or advice: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176 There are some really knowledgeable dudes around here, with a whole world of experience. Much more than any one person could get on their own. Do some reading on Cardas' website, and Ethan Winer's as well...
  15. TejasRichard

Soundstage

Yep. But, like John said, it isn't hard to do...it just takes care. It doesn't even have to be expensive. I have about $1500 total invested in my gear and, on materials that are recorded well, you will not hear anything coming from the speakers. There is no concentration necessary. If you move...
Back
Top Bottom