Recent content by TENER

1. TENER

Weathers "The Townsend"

Sorry I just saw this question today. I ended up using a set of hole punches and making my own wheel from a sheet of rubber. It works great.
  2. TENER

HH Scott Stereomaster 380 In a Console

It has a square base. I wish it had leggs
  3. TENER

HH Scott Stereomaster 380 In a Console

I just bought this today. I took a few pics while it is still in my van. It has a HH Scott Stereomaster 380 and a Garrard TT. The unique thing about this one that I have never seen is the speakers. They pivot in the console. They built actual speaker cabinets for the speakers and put them on...
  4. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

More From Bananas. I love Free Stuff
  5. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

I just got done walking my Dog by Bananas and picked up some freebies.
  6. TENER

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

I thought I would add mine to this thread. I picked it up at an estate sale. It is in excellent condition and works perfect. The only thing I think I could do is polish the dust cover but even that isn't that bad. And maybe a new mat. 1990 SL 1200MK2
  7. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

The Tonearm bearings are in great shape. The pitch speed slider is in great shape also. I really don't think this turntable was abused at all. Even the thrust plate under the spindle only has a small spot on it which is normal for a turntable. I really got lucky with this one, No DJ had his...
  8. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

I took it apart and oiled the spindle bearing. where the spindle sits on the washer at the bottom looked pretty nice. The spot where it sits didn't look warn out at all. I am going to say this was ether very well taken care of or just not used much. The tone arm bearings are nice and tight. And...
  9. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

Thanks, I will definitely oil the spindle. I already own a roll of the rubber/cork mat so I will cut one to fit. I have lots of different carts I can try on this. I own about 14 different Turntables. Empire, Pioneer, Lenco, AR, Technics and more. This is my first 1200 though.
  10. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

Thanks. I just got done giving it a test. I hooked it up to my Marantz 2275 and it plays and sounds great. I see nothing that would need to be done to this. Maybe some preventive maintenance but it plays great as is. And that is with the Stanton DJ cart.
  11. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

Where is the Sl1200 owners thread? I can't find it. Could you post a link. Thanks Never mind. I found it
  12. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

That is actually 2 blocks from my house. I walk my dog past it every day. It's Bananas Records. He has a separate warehouse where he sells vintage gear. I stop in there all the time. Here is the address to it. 2243 16th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33713. And some personal pics I have taken when I...
  13. TENER

Technics SL 1200 MK2

I am in Saint Petersburg Fl. For some reason the estate companies here don't seam to know anything about vintage stereo gear. On black Friday I picked up a Marantz 2275 for $30 that works great. Florida is a great place for vintage gear.
  14. TENER

McIntosh 1900

That would have been a 4 hour drive one way for him. I know I wouldn't have made that drive just to go to an estate sale not knowing how much they wanted for it.
  15. TENER

McIntosh 1900

Thanks. I was looking for info on that.
Back
Top Bottom