Recent content by Tenoates

1. T

Scott LC-21 new pot and balance problem

Thanks for all the tips. I'll work on it this weekend. This is the link to the item https://m.ebay.com/itm/Volume-pot-control-power-switch-on-off-Scott-299B-296-233-LK-72-LK-48-222-LC-21/162909738235?hash=item25ee2d54fb:g:uqoAAOSwnsRaiyNC
  2. T

It's a new pot so I don't think cleaning will work. After I installed the new pot, both channels worked but after a while, there is no sound from the L channel but R channel has sound. If i turn the volume all the way up, the sound comes back to the L channel
  3. T

I checked for shorts yesterday and found none. I did measure the 22k and 220k resistors leading to the pot and they were lower than what they should be. I'll probably rewire it again once I get new resistors
  4. T

hi, My LC-21 needed a new pot because it was becoming noisy with unbalanced outputs. I cleaned it a few times to no effect so I bought one off eBay from a seller who says his to be a drop-in replacement. The only differences from the original pot is this is a twist to turn on (rather than pull)...
  5. T

Scott LC21 signal path

Thank you Dave!
  6. T

Scott LC21 signal path

hi, I have a Scott LC21 with a hodgepodge of 12ax7 tubes. I'm not so good with reading diagrams. If I just use the Extra as line in, which tubes are along that signal path and therefore I need to change? I'm hoping I don't necessarily need to change all the 12ax7s. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom