Recent content by tenor39

1. tenor39

Yamaha literature

Not sure how to add these, so will let mods put them in the database. CR-2020 schematics in high resolution. I can't seem to upload them, even in a .zip file. The images are too large. Let me know if anyone wants them or how I can upload these. Taking the resolution down is missing the whole point.
  2. tenor39

Definitive CR-2020 mod list?

Well, maybe not! Just wanting to tap the wisdom of the Yamaha gurus here.
  3. tenor39

Definitive CR-2020 mod list?

I've read just about every thread here and on other sites about mods to this baby. I'm wondering if there is anything else that could be done while it's apart, such as using 1% MF's in the phono stage, putting in lower noise transistors in the pre amps, etc. I have a lot of experience with...
  4. tenor39

X-202-B dash knob caps

I talked to Al, the Fisher Doctor. He said that they are indeed early production and that he has a few.
  5. tenor39

X-202-B dash knob caps

I need 4 brass dash (line) knob caps and one entire knob for my X-202-B and FM-100-B, but everything I've seen on the 'net has the dash on the face of the cap. Mine have the dash on the bevel edge of the cap. They appear to be original Fisher, as even the concentric knobs have them. What gives...
  6. tenor39

Coupling caps for Fisher tube gear?

Thanks for the suggestions. I used to buy stuff from the Fisher Doctor a long time ago and noticed he has rebuild kits. Any of you have thoughts on doing more than recap/clean/adjust? I noticed he recommends 1% MF resistors in certain spots.
  7. tenor39

Are these Russian caps an eBay item?
  8. tenor39

I have 5 mint pieces of early Fisher tube gear: - X-100 - 100-R - MPX-200 - X-202-B - FM-100-B What is the consensus on replacement signal coupling caps for this era? The old paper-in-oil caps are long past their due. However, I don't want to use some generic Polypropylene cap to replace them...
  9. tenor39

Port tuning in HPM-100?

No one here has tried tuning the box lower?
  10. tenor39

Port tuning in HPM-100?

Has anyone played around with the port tuning in the HPM-100? I'm betting that it's not optimal and I don't have my test gear readily available for this.
  11. tenor39

HPM Tweeter question/Opinion

KutzlerTrans, The screw holes for the R14's and the 10-739's are not the same as the original HPM-100 drivers. Did you just use wood screws to attach them? What about changing the mid to tweeter crossover as Gibsonian suggested?
  12. tenor39

Interesting "mod" for the HPM-100...

I increased the midrange cap to 8.4uF and the woofer inductor to .93mH... wow. What a difference. Less directional, since the woofer isn't trying to beam middle frequencies and a lot more coherent, imho. Well worth it if you can do it.
  13. tenor39

I have the R14's. They go with the S-910. The R13's might be the ones for the S-710 and 510.
  14. tenor39

No worries. I was just trying to figure out what was going on. Many threads on AK and the 'net say the two ribbon tweeters are direct replacements for one another, but that's not the case. Seems the S-910 is Beryllium, but not sure about the S-710. I'll just drill out the faceplate and use some...
  15. tenor39

It is a common misconception on the FB vintage audio pages about this mod. I bought a ribbon from a S-910 and was like WTH?
Back
Top Bottom