Recent content by Texas Rookie

1. Texas Rookie

Local Speaker Choices

Thank you so much for the help everyone! The Klipsch's have sold. @rmeade I think I am in agreement that the Fraziers may be too weak. Need to crank the Electric Prunes. So why build new cabs for them?
  2. Texas Rookie

Local Speaker Choices

Hello! I am trying to acquire a stereo system for my small office to rock out with. I've got vintage blacklight posters framed and a lava lamp, so a vintage look would be preffered, but I wouldn't be opposed to something modern. The room is 11'x12'. I would predominately listen to classic rock...
  3. Texas Rookie

A Poll For Your Age and Cost of Main System

I felt compelled to reply since I may have some insight into the younger demographic. I am almost 23 and my main system consists of a Dual 1019 and a Pioneer SX-1080 with some sorry Sony speakers. I just recently bought them both used offline, and was given the speakers. The amp retailed for...
  4. Texas Rookie

Settling for a Dual 1019 on a quest for a 1219?

These are all great ideas. When I go home for Christmas I will put this next to my SX-1080 and get an idea of what might look good. I like a large plinth. The wedge one is kinda nice, but it might not look as good next to a big, boxy receiver. I cant decide if I like the recessed look or not. I...
  5. Texas Rookie

Great! Thanks!
  6. Texas Rookie

Well I just bought the serviced 1019 for $235. A little high, but I can't complain. Overall, now that I have it in good light, it is really dirty, but at least it's working great. The base is kinda dingy and definitely not deserving of a 1019. I'm going to see if I can build one. It has a Shure...
  7. Texas Rookie

I've changed my mind. I hardly have the time to look at it, and combined with my inexperience, the serviced table just makes the most sense. My SX-1080 was cheap enough to where I don't mind spending here. I'm being too cheap. Updated: I told the guy I had changed my mind and he said it was okay...
  8. Texas Rookie

Now the other seller is asking $25. That's really tempting. I think I'll go look at it if I can find the time.
  9. Texas Rookie

Looking for Receiver Repair Work in East Texas/Arkansas

Hello. I have a Pioneer SX-1080 and am looking for somebody that can inspect and possibly repair it if needed. I purchased the receiver a year ago and it has been in storage since. I stay busy with school so this receiver is not a high priority. I am new to this hobby and this is my first major...
  10. Texas Rookie

We met and the table looked great. It had some normal light wear. No complaints. The seller was nice enough to hold it for me until after Thanksgiving, so I can go home and come back with some cash. Turns out we're both big Beach Boys fans. :)
  11. Texas Rookie

Thanks, Bill! He sent me sufficient proof of service and we're meeting Monday afternoon. No stacking here. Thanks for your input though!
  12. Texas Rookie

Thanks for the replies! I would say the biggest intrigue for the 1019 is this "punchy" sound that every owner seems to remark about. I think I would like that because while I listen to a wide variety of genres, I do love to crank up my Dixie, but my speakers and table don't do the music justice...
  13. Texas Rookie

I fiddled with the 505 a bit and couldn't get the arm to say on the table. I thought I had set it up right, but probably not. It also only has the stacking spindle. I figured it could be a back up.
  14. Texas Rookie

Thanks for the input guys! I just love reading about the Dual idlers since their owners just love them so much. I think I might try to look at the tables this weekend. $75 does seem pretty nice.
  15. Texas Rookie

That's a good idea. I had thought about asking. I think I trust him, but you can never be too sure.
Back
Top Bottom