Recent content by The Stone

1. The Stone

Need help with 2275 pop on power up power down

Hi everyone and thanks for your help and thoughts on this, I will have to check those thing you guys have mentioned, but I am not near the unit at this time to check. We replaced some lamps in 2 different units and cleaned and lubed all the controls, and my friend said we'd work on the pop...
  2. The Stone

Denon POA-1500, Fixing Premature Lamp Failures

There is probably a special place in heaven for people who do nice tutorial like this one, Thank you dodog, on behalf of the Denonites!
  3. The Stone

I read the thread - it could be the suppressor network but I don't think the switch is showing any arcing. The pop is only when the speaker relay opens or closes. When it is cold it is not as bad as after it has warmed up a bit.
  4. The Stone

Toshiba ST-420 meter and FM scale bulb values

The dial scale are wedge bulbs, I took out the offending to find it is plainly marked 8V03A - 8V 30mA I assume, I replaced the axial meter lights with 12V 60mA bulbs I had around but they are a little dim. It looks like they are all feed by the same circuit so I assume the axials, they are the...
  5. The Stone

Thanks! Really appreciate the help, I will read up on this and will let y'all know how it goes.
  6. The Stone

My friend wants me to take a look at his 2275, I told him it is probably the dc offset. The pop occurs when the speaker relay engages or when turned off. I read the explanation in the service manual on how to do it, but I have a feeling there are some weakening components changing values from...
  7. The Stone

Toshiba ST-420 meter and FM scale bulb values

Can any one post the Toshiba ST-420 service manual, or let me know the specs for FM scale bulbs looks like there are 4, and the meter bulbs there are 2 meters one bulb each. Thanks, Mark
  8. The Stone

What is the difference between a 4 ohm speaker and an 8 ohm speaker?

I have heard that lower ohms are better for bass and higher ohms better for full range and tweeters. I suppose as some people prefer to have stereo 4 ohms are get more out of your amp section.
  9. The Stone

Hello Fisherdude, I was hoping you could help me, I have a set of XP-10s I am trying to...

Hello Fisherdude, I was hoping you could help me, I have a set of XP-10s I am trying to replace the crossover capacitors to improve the high end, I need the spec for the mid range cross over cap because I can't read anything on the cap itself and I can't find the schematic on line. If you know...
Back
Top Bottom