Recent content by thewho

1. T

Receivers

Currently in the market for a receiver- likely a MAC6700 or MAC7200. Can anyone verify the depth? As spec on the site lists 22” for depth, that would be too deep for any normal sized media console. Currently running a C28/2105 to Totem Forests, but looking to move to an integrated solution and...
  2. T

MC30 Thump

Thanks, that was going to be my next guess. Can anyone chime in regarding using the RCA ST shaped 5U4G or the standard 5U4GB?
  3. T

MC30 Thump

Seeking some troubleshooting help... Listening yesterday and hear a loud lower end thump come out of the right channel. Sounded like a louder version of if I were switching inputs. Lasted less than a second, then was fine for another 2 hours and did it again. No distortion, scratchiness, or...
  4. T

MC30/Tube Amp Acrylic Cover

Thanks for the responses!
  5. T

MC30/Tube Amp Acrylic Cover

Have a pair of MC30s and a toddler that I don't want to touch tubes. Was thinking about getting plexiglass covers (like a turntable dust cover) to cover them with an opening on the control side. Has anyone done this or have a lead on something that would work? My main concern is the heat of the...
  6. T

C38/39 Remote

Awesome, thanks for the help!
  7. T

C38/39 Remote

Interested in anyone's experience using a different than supplied Mcintosh remote with their C38/39. Would like to be able to control my TV/Cable/C38 with one remote if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  8. T

what pre amp was to be paired with the MC2500 ?

Bumping this one up, anyone have experience running a MC2500 with a newer tube preamp, like a C220 or 2200? Looking for a bit of tube sound but with the brute force from a 2300/2500.
  9. T

Does a MA6600 fit into a Lovan Sovereign T Rack?

Looking for clarification on the depth of these... Spec sheets say 22", but OM says 18 3/4". Can anyone measure their unit? I've got a cabinet that is 20" deep!
  10. T

New Preamp Choices

Looking to upgrade my system(s) and seeking some advice. Would like to upgrade to digital connections and add remote control capability for my second system (MC2105/C28/Totem Forests/Schiit Bifrost), mainly used for streaming music but also hooked up to the TV. I've got a few options that I have...
  11. T

Mcintosh and Totem speakers question

Bumping this old thread to see if anyone has added Totem's to their equipment. I am awaiting the arrival of Forests to pair with my 2105. Hoping the amp will be enough to power the hungry speakers!
  12. T

C38 Lights

Update! As described above, there are 5 lights on a braided wire (like Xmas lights) behind the panel. Easy needle nose plied job as the grommets were all still in good shape. Unclip plastic housing, swap 7373 lights (found on mouser for less than $1/bulb), place clip back on, back to a fully lit...
  13. T

C38 Lights

Thanks! This is the most information about a C38 on all of the Internet I think!
  14. T

C38 Lights

Before I tackle this, I'm assuming by opening the "top cover" you mean the enclosure that wraps around the top/sides and has 2 screws per side. Do I need to unscrew the back screws to remove, and will the glass remain on for this swap? Thanks for the help!
  15. T

C38 Lights

Moved from Florida to Oregon, so I think that counts for a cross country! I've seen the manuals, but nothing that depicts the front light assembly. I'm hoping if I take the front off I'll find the push lock type bulbs like my C28, just figured someone else may have done this before so I knew...
Back
Top Bottom