Recent content by thinkbrown

1. T

Yay - 2016 Winter FrankenFest time - Saturday Febraury 27th in Clinton, MA

I'll probably be there between 11:30 and noon. I'm planning on bringing chips and salsa.
  2. T

who will admit to being the youngest ak member ?

I joined when I was 14, and I've been hanging in chat ever since. I don't visit the forums much though...
  3. T

What OS Do You Currently Use?

I used to be an Ubuntu user, but I've switched to straight-up Debian. I also use Mac OS X.5 on some computers
  4. T

ThinkBrown's system

I just swapped out the HK PA5800 with a pair of B&K ST1400's. It leaves me without a working subwoofer, but it sounds so much better!
  5. T

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

McIntosh XLS340 Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble SpeakerCraft AIM LCR Monitor Four
  6. T

ThinkBrown's system

Only thing I'm not happy with is the room. A cube is far from ideal, but you work with what you've got.
  7. T

ThinkBrown's system

OK, so it's time to do that thing where I tell you guys what I listen to. Sources: Xbox running XBMC Nakamichi MB10 5-Disc changer iPod Preamp(s) NAD T163 AV Tuner Preamplifier AudioAccess PX-600 Multi-Room Preamp/Controller Amplifiers: Harman Kardon PA5800 Niles SI-1230 B&K...
  8. T

Cambridge Soundworks thread

I still use my Ensemble I's as my main speakers. Given enough power (they aren't very efficient at all), they can go loud during a movie, and still sound very good. The sealed woofers seem to be usable to about 45hz. Overall, these are still my favorite speakers that I own.
  9. T

Cardboard Speakers

cool
  10. T

Cardboard Speakers

New Apple Pro Speaker-Based Horn's
  11. T

Cardboard Speakers

Quick update: I built one of the woofers into a dipole horn. Pics Attached
  12. T

My wife wants a pair of in-wall speakers; advice please.

SpeakerCraft stuff does well in a theater, and for music. The AIM 7 Three's kick some good bass. they also came out with 10in in ceiling speakers recently.
  13. T

Ok, I know I'm going to hell but I can't stop thinking about on wall speakers.

Paradigm excels at box speakers, but for in wall, or in ceiling, Speakercraft is the way to go. Those things kick butt
  14. T

Outdoor speakers

Speakercraft stuff is the way to go.
  15. T

Would you keep or flip this amp?

SpeakerCraft makes good, solid amplifiers. Their speakers are awesome
Back
Top Bottom