Recent content by ThroneOfLies

1. T

McIntosh and Spotify Setup Recommendation

C47 DAC. Everything is fed to the C47 via toslinks. Then to amp to speakers.
  2. T

So an update on my setup from my other post for 2.1 setup. I hooked up the C47 to the MC302 using the Balanced Output 1. I then used the Unbalanced Output 1 to the sub. Works like a charm. Gives me just enough low bass to fill in the gaps my BWs put out... for movies and music. Now to the...
  3. T

Thx for the reply. That sounds like what I'm going to do. I'll just use optical to C47 like you said and rely on the C47 DAC. May as well use it since I paid for it! I'll be picking one up Friday and will update then. I'm going to compare the Spotify sound from the Node vs from my PS4 as well...
  4. T

Kinda what I was thinking. Thanks.
  5. T

Oh yeah... I have a premium account. So I get the "Extreme" 320kbps.
  6. T

So it looks like the audio is sent to the B1 via Bluetooth. Then pushed to the C47 via optical. Have you done a comparison to a direct connect unit to see if you lose any sound quality from the Bluetooth transfer vs a unit that is connected via Ethernet. I'm not a sound expert, so I'm not sure...
  7. T

I haven't heard of that one. I'll check it out. Thanks!
  8. T

I want to stream my Spotify through my C47 using the highest quality available. Unfortunately the PS4 doesn't allow for the "Extreme" setting. I did some research on here and other forums. Looks like Sonos Connect (already have a Sonos system in my bedroom so maybe a good option) and Bluesound...
  9. T

2.1 Setup Confirmation

Good point, not to mention that there is no return policy. You buy it, you keep it. Which concerns me as well. I may just look into the DSPeaker for the sub. It's also half the cost. Then just wait till I have enough for the MEN or a used TDAI pops up. Thanks everyone for the replies. And...
  10. T

2.1 Setup Confirmation

Cant speak for the Mac path degrading, but the limited time I had with it using the Arcam unit at Magnolia was impressive. There's a really interesting review write up on the stand alone digital DDRC22-D...
  11. T

2.1 Setup Confirmation

Good to know. I was looking at the manual and I thought it had main, 1, and 2 outputs. Yeah I researched DSPeaker too. Looks promising, but haven't really seen too many reviews.
  12. T

2.1 Setup Confirmation

Thanks! I'll look into the used TDAI.
  13. T

2.1 Setup Confirmation

Thank you for the reply! So then c47 main preout to mc302 to speakers. Out 1 to sub. Got it! I don't mind the bass going to my main speakers, so that won't be a problem. Does anybody use a separate room calibration system for their setups that they would like to recommend? I can't afford...
  14. T

2.1 Setup Confirmation

Greetings. Long time follower, first time poster. After a year of research, I finally updated my system to McIntosh. My system delivers next week so I have a quick confirmation question about 2.1 setup. System is for music and TV (Blu-Ray, etc). Digital sources to TV, opt out to C47, feeding...
Back
Top Bottom