Recent content by Thundermud

1. Thundermud

Heath Kit AA-10 Info Needed!

Thank you! Why is there such limited info on these amps?
  2. Thundermud

Heath Kit AA-10 Info Needed!

Hoping someone can chime in about any info on these mono blocks! They are in great condition, I will snap pics soon. They came with some very nice Mullard tubes, any info is greatly appreciated!!
  3. Thundermud

JBL L220 and JBL L300

My L300's are bi-amped with MC 60's on the top end and SS Crown XLS 1500 on the bottom end that have been recapped with Audyn Copper caps. It sounds so ridiculously good it's hard to justify lusting over any other system.
  4. Thundermud

My SOTA Moonbeam table upgrades

Very nice!! On a slightly different note, a sad one at that...co-owner Kirk of Sota has passed away a few months ago, not sure exactly when. Soundsmith is currently trying to fix my Nova and informed me as they were in contact with Sota for troubleshooting. I spoke with Kirk a few times on the...
  5. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

Yeah I guess it's official, I am hooked!! I forget, do you have slate or a layered wood plinth?? I think, if done right, the slate is a killer combo with the 124. :yes:In particular, have you heard good things about the slate plinth paired with the 124??:dunno: My rosewood arm board should...
  6. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

Whoah that is gorgeous but pricey!! Anyone ever hear a top platter such as this??:scratch2:
  7. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

Top platter or no platter this sh!t is sounding so good tonight. I am really getting comfortable with the Sussurro (moving iron) cart from Soundsmith. It is literally the most ridiculous sounding cart I have ever heard. I think once these Altec Bolero's are re-capped it might be game over...j/k...
  8. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

Any of you guys rocking a slate plinth??
  9. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

MisterPig, that is a great suggestion, I truly value all of your opionions. I will get the upper platter regardless and report back with my impressions. I am also in the process of getting a slate arm board from Jim Campell, will it be difficult to re align the cartridge/tone arm? I will...
  10. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

Yes! That's him, thanks!
  11. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

Damn right I ignored that thread...not sure why I decided to go with Thorens over Garrard or Lenco but I'm glad I stuck with my gut!. So about the top platter, I recall Peter mentioning the upper platter "compromised sound quality". I am sure everyone that uses the top platter is perfectly...
  12. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

13. Thundermud

Thorens 124!!! Finally!

It'a been another long journey with so many pitfalls along the way. It all started with my Sota Nova and all its headaches. 2 years later and the Sota is still in the shop...not shitting on Sota because it was a wonderful TT when it worked, I just think I acquired a lemon, a very very sour...
Back
Top Bottom