Recent content by thxdave

1. thxdave

A little help rezzing the beloved 250m

My apologies, he's doing a 510M!
  2. thxdave

A little help rezzing the beloved 250m

You should check out xraytonyb's YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/xraytonyb/videos He's finishing up a nice 250M rebuild and has examples of transistor subs.
  3. thxdave

Selector Switch Help 2245

I tried pushing some dielectric grease into the gap where the ball bearing rides up and down over the "waffle" part of the switch. It helped but I'm not sure if that would be enough relief for your situation. I wonder if a smaller ball bearing could be substituted for the stock original?
  4. thxdave

Model 20 tuner

I stayed with the clear faceplate. The unilluminated pointer was too hard to see behind that grey plexi especially in the daytime. I sold the 20 early this year and I'm now selling a 120 I picked up back in 2021. My current living situation is terrible for FM reception so I tend to turn them...
  5. thxdave

Model 3300 front panel spacers

Does the 3300 have the black rubber rings that surround the push buttons?
  6. thxdave

The History Of Marantz

I've watched several of his videos and he rubs me the wrong way....big time. He reminds me of a used car salesman shouting at me. The thing that cracks me up the most is when he puts words into his script that he can't pronounce correctly.
  7. thxdave

250M meters out

Just curious...is this a 110v version or 100v Japanese version OR an adjustable multivolt version?
  8. thxdave

Deleting PM's/ Conversations

I must be stupid, but I cannot find the link to begin a new Conversation. Where is it located or is it called something new now?
  9. thxdave

1060, feet mounting screw thread? Identify.

Here you go: https://www.amkproducts.com/marantz/feet/ (batteries are included)
  10. thxdave

What kind of batteries does that remote use? <BG>
  11. thxdave

Curious what that black ring around the volume knob is.
  12. thxdave

You need metric sized M4-.70x25 for the wood case. Finally....a question that even I can answer! ;-)
  13. thxdave

250M sensible updates

Nice looking mods!! I only wish I had a 250M so I could do the same. ;-)
  14. thxdave

Marantz Model 3300 Center Channel

Similar experience here. My first "real" stereo was a Sony STR-6055 and it also featured a Center Channel output. Of course, in 1972 when I bought it (lawn mowing income!), there weren't many subs on the market (Janis, anyone?) so I believe it was a holdover from the days of speaker systems that...
Back
Top Bottom