tiga
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dayton Poly's are what I used as well. If I recall I had to drill small holes in the pot housing to get the deoxit straw in there. I think I used a label of some sort to cover it up when it dried. I could swear later on that someone told me the housing can actually be removed from the pot - oh well. Maybe you lucked out and yours were cleaned as well. How do you like your Mach 2's? I have a pair in my basement that need a complete restoration.
    That is pretty much what I am finding with these, just a nice smooth speaker over all. Did a lot of listening to some female voice last night (Katey Sagal), and they are the equal of, and best some of the speakers in my stable (particularly Mach 2's I use for HT) Opened one of the 5's up last night, and at some point in life, they have been recapped, Dayton Poly's from the look of them.
    HI Tiga, I was reading back thru older posts, and happened to see that you have, or had a pair of Realistic Optimus 5's. I picked up a pair of these last week for $15. The cabs are near perfect after some oil/feed wax, and the mid and HF controls work perfectly with no drop outs, as do all the drivers. Someone obviously took good care of these. Sonically, they are extremely similar to my KLH 6's and 17's. Beautiful "east coast" presentation, deep bass there when called for. Mine again, are the "5's", not the 5b's. I am in the process of auditioning them with several other members of my "speaker herd" , and was wondering if you could impart any thoughts as you have obviously lived with your for a while.

Thank you much!
    Take care, Dave
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom