Recent content by tightplatoni

1. T

Yamaha CR (relay problem?)

thanks guys, everything seems fine so far and it's been a few days..but just for future reference, how do I know what kind of solder/flux to use if I need to?
  2. T

Thanks! I just tried it..just touched the points with my solder iron as I didn't have any actual solder lying around. It's working again, for now, wasn't sure if I actually did anything! Might just be temporary though as I didn't exactly resolder it.
  3. T

Ah I see..thanks! I will try it out cheers
  4. T

Yup. You're right, the problem came back.. I'm not sure how to 'unsolder' the pins beneath the relay ..I've taken a picture though. Do I need to access from the other side of the board? Or should I just pull up on the relay and try to unsolder it as I go, there's not much space - excuse my...
  5. T

Thanks man..it's been working fine since yesterday but will keep it in mind in case it happens again..I couldn't figure out how to remove the relay though?
  6. T

Hey ok so I just took the cover off and can see the actual spring from the relay clicking..I might have been wrong about the music being interrupted as it clicks fairly quickly so there it sounds like it is cutting out and coming back right away actually, did not notice that before However, I...
  7. T

Yes the music is un-interrupted by the relay clicking - it sounds exactly like the relay when the amp first turns on so I'm sure that is it. The amp was fine until the other day, just started happening. I will look inside if I see anything although I don't know what I would be looking for...
  8. T

Hi I'm new here wondering if you could help I have a Yamaha CR-420, and it works fine except all of a sudden the relay clicking sound that comes on when you turn it on, keeps clicking non-stop. It still plays just fine on any setting, but you can hear it clicking (mechanically not through the...
  9. T

Help needed

Yes I'm using the AUX input. I just tried unplugging my preamp (there is no power switch), and then turning my turntable on first - obviously I get a different sound when I plug the preamp back in, and when I start or stop the turntable the original sound is still there. any other...
  10. T

Help needed

thanks for the suggestion, it's a Kenwood KD-2055. A belt drive turntable, fairly basic. I connected back to my built-in phono stage and then turned the volume up really high. I turn the turntable motor on and off, not a squeak. I think if it was a matter of sensitivity to the motor switch I...
  11. T

Help needed

just got a phono preamp (540p) and now whenever I turn on my turntable (motor) to play, there is a sound that comes from the speakers for about half a second, sounds like paper tearing, but deeper...same sound comes out when i stop the turntable as well, every time. I reconnected to my table...
Back
Top Bottom