Liaison Officer and Retired Navy Diver/EOD Officer

Share This Page

Timothy Flath

Active Member, from Victoria, BC

Timothy Flath was last seen:
May 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM
    1. SuperII
      SuperII
      Was curious if I could trouble you with a question? I'm wondering if you'd solved the issue of sourcing cleaning agents in Canada?

I'm reading through the insane volume of posts on preparing cleaning solutions (both enzyme and tergitol or triton based) and it seems like regardless of the formula I end up with, these products are not easily available to Canadians...

Thanks!

Trevor
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Timothy Flath
        Timothy Flath
        very good results. I mix just over 1 litre at a time. I mix 3 ml of Triton into approx 85 ml of 99% IPA and then add that mixture to 1 litre of Distilled water. Works very well for me. What is your address? Will try and source a small container to make the shipment.
        May 27, 2016
      3. Timothy Flath
        Timothy Flath
        sorry been offline for a while with a nasty cold....
        May 27, 2016
      4. SuperII
        SuperII
        Hi - no worries, been worrying about other things for a bit myself!

It's :

Trevor Shaikin
        1-257A Broadview Ave
        Toronto, ON
        M4M 2G6

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the offer! No worries if it becomes too much trouble though.
        Jun 16, 2016
    2. Wavell
      Wavell
      Thank you very much for your replies. Fortunately, the anti-skate hanger is the one closest to the platter so I am encouraged. Will also check out the tone arm suggestion. Cheers.
      1. Timothy Flath likes this.
    3. Wavell
      Wavell
      Hi Timothy, I have been reading your restoration notes on the Thorens 165. I have the same turntable that I originally bought in the early 1970s. It runs well but needs some care to bring back to full life. One thing that needs replacing is the anti-skating unit as one of the arms broke off while unboxing. Can you tell me where you found your replacement part and whether it was difficult to install?
      1. Timothy Flath
        Timothy Flath
        Very easy to replace if the hanger that broke off is the one closest to the platter. If it is the outer (center) hanger bar then it is a might be a loss. Fortunately if the inner (or left) hanger is broken it simply pops out - it is in there pretty tight but it is a snap-on assembly.
        Mar 18, 2016
      2. Timothy Flath
      3. Timothy Flath
        Timothy Flath
        Mar 18, 2016
  • About

Home Page:
    http://navydiver.ca/
    Liaison Officer and Retired Navy Diver/EOD Officer

Signature

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!