Timothy Flath's Recent Activity

1. Timothy Flath replied to the thread SA-7800 with burnt out resistors.

Can't seem to find a service manual and am looking to substitute the power light that burned out in my TX-7800 with an equivalent LED....

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:35 AM
  2. Timothy Flath replied to the thread Pioneer SG-9800 equalizer, LED replacement and recap.

Do you need to change the Opamps on this baby if they are working good? Reason is these opamps are like $5 apiece X 22:...

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:18 AM
  3. Timothy Flath replied to the thread How to remove capacitor adhesive.

Worth a try next time. Are you not worried about heat stressing the board excessively and causing issues down the road?

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:36 PM
  4. Timothy Flath replied to the thread How to remove capacitor adhesive.

I just used tools that I had handy. What worked best was a flat head set of tweezers. It was so rubbery that when I grabbed on to a hunk...

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:00 AM
  5. Timothy Flath replied to the thread Pioneer SA-7800 phono input problem.

You sir are a true Gentleman and a Scholar. I tried re-flowing the transistor contacts and it was a no-go. By sheer blind luck I had...

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:16 AM
  6. Timothy Flath liked loweran's post in the thread Pioneer SA-7800 phono input problem.

I think those 2sa912s run hot. Mine desoldered themselves from the board. You can pop the cover off and reach them without removing the...

Jan 13, 2018 at 11:55 PM
  7. Timothy Flath replied to the thread Pioneer SA-7800 phono input problem.

I am having the same issue. Have re-capped the entire amp and problem stays put. Everything on the unit works as it should except phono...

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:47 AM
  8. Timothy Flath replied to the thread "Pioneer Recap Lists" Sticky suggestion!.

Where is the list for HPM-100 speaker crossovers (I have two pairs of the B Variant)? Thanks TMF

Jan 12, 2018