Recent content by Tin Bird

1. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Hope everyone is healthy and safe. All I can add is Arcam Arcam Arcam. + Def Tech! ;-) Best sounding system I have owned bar none. I am happy and have zero interests in making any changes. My biggest joy (among many) w this system is the utter lack of sibilance. Going forward if/when I am...
  2. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Actually, on second thought, the HD-CD1 is NOT being used as a transport, I am using it as the CD player. I simply do not care for the ESS Sabre DACs. I find them overly bright and energetic up top and slightly thin in the bass region. So, I decided to unplug my HD-CD1 from the coax and plug...
  3. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

The Arcam SA20 is my new reference. It is staying. Damn the ear issues! ;-} Very nice sounding amp. Not overly warm...more neutral than anything, but with an overall general smooth, slightly relaxed timbre. It does not embellish, however, older discs that have sounded shrill or bright w...
  4. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Welp...ears are a ringing and I am a bit effected by the wattage of the amp, but I must say that I listened pretty much off and on all day yesterday and I don't feel that bad. Further, man the sound of the amp as each hour passes keeps getting more and more mellow. I like it a lot! I get the...
  5. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Well...I can now go on record for myself that the Arcam SA20 is a wonderfully terrific sounding integrated amplifier. Leaps above the Marantz HD Amp1 I had been using. That said, whether my ears can hang will be the decision maker...mixed results in that area so far. Gonna give this one all...
  6. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

As for now, I plan to stick w the Def Tech D11's...I just love their sound and looks...they are my jams! That said, I am going to attempt to up the amp ante by giving the Arcam SA20 integrated a try. The description of the Arcam sound sounds up my alley...anyone have experience w Arcam...
  7. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

You've got me thinking... ;-)
  8. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Hey man...I hear you but whenever I push the envelope I tend to have problems. Honestly, to my wussy ears, the D11's sound pretty dang full. You never know though...the D15's look totally amazing. They are enclosed with dual passive radiators on each side. We shall see...
  9. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Been a while, thought I would check in... still using the Marantz HD AMP1/HD-CD1 combo and am very happy w it. I have replaced the Quad 11L Classics w the Def Tech D11's. I do still like the Quads, but I do notice on occasion that the tweeter gets ever so slightly shouty and disconnected from...
  10. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Just realized that I've been leaving the Monitor Audio Studio bookshelf speakers off of my faves list...they are on it for sure! So, just for accuracy, let me restate the list...btw...these are not in an order per se, they just rank as being my favorites over the past three years (or so)...
  11. Tin Bird

Technics sc-c500

Anyone round these parts heard/own one of these systems? Looks very cool. Just curious what is sounds like and if it could be a viable option as a second den system or maybe bedroom system.
  12. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Thanks, but nope. No sub for me thank you. I honestly don't like them. Despite simply being senstive to such low rumbling frequencies, I actually prefer a leaner/tight musical bass presentation. The Quads certainly have enough bass presence for me for sure. I finally have found a mid-fi...
  13. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

As stated last night, felt pretty good then and now I feel good today. I am very surpised. I have not listened to that much music on a decent system in a long time! Another thing...not 100% sure, but about halfway through the day yesterday, I could swear that the Quads mellowed out...like...
  14. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Well, just spent hours and hours listening to music throughout the weekend...pretty much Friday night on and off through this evening. The Quad 11L's are luscious and pretty and relaxed and the more I play them, the more I like them. While my tinnitus is a ringing quite a bit, I am not having...
  15. Tin Bird

ELECTROCOMPANIENT

Short one... Quad 11L Classic bookshelf speakers are added to my list of fave all-time speakers. They sound wonderful! Fuller sound than the SX-50's. More bass. Top end is detailed, has depth and texture, but not bright. If my ears can hang in there w them, the Quads will be my reference...
Back
Top Bottom