TJLitt
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wars reading an old post regarding the Yamaha S500 vs NAD 326BEE. I read you heard the the yamaha s500, now the s501 through a small pair of Focal Speakers. I own a pair of Focal 905 and considering purchasing the Yamaha S501. Was curious if the the Focal you were listening to with the yami 500 was the 905? Trying to decide between the NAD 326BEE or Yamaha S501.
    Thanks
    TJLitt
    TJLitt
    sorry it took me a few days to reply. Been busy. Listened to the 500 through a pair of Focal bookshelves in the shop, and a pair of standing Sonus Fabers. At home, I ran the AS500 with Klipsch 5.5s(floorstanders, but very efficient) a small pair of ADS bookshelves and later GoldenEar Triton 2s.I'd recommend the Yammie for sound quality, but, we know that is very personal and subjective. Hope this helps!!
    I'll be interested to follow your exploits with a new tonearm. Do you know if the TT's geometry lends itself to finding a good match in terms of a tonearm?
    I still do use the (heavy) stock headshell. Generally, I'm satisfied with the Grado Green (other than tracking on edge warped records), but as is the case with most folks here always looking for a tweak. It's getting to the point where the HOMC Denon's are quite cheap and certainly worthy of a second look on my part.
    Hello,
    I never knew you could chat like this. Very cool. Yeah, Ive been there, its a decent place.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom