Recent content by tmho

1. T

Need help on Akai AT-S61 tuner

Yes, I have tried pressing the reset button, but nothing change.
  2. T

I have followed sregor's suggestion of adding contact cleaner to VR7 and rotating it back and forth. FM 103.5 is a strong radio channel in my area. When I tune to 103.5, the #4 SIGNAL STRENGTH INDICATORS with 5 leds all light up. When #15 FM AUTO BUTTON is pressed (the #10 AUTO (FM MUTE)...
  3. T

Do you mean I need special equipment to detect if the MPX comes on?
  4. T

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry, I do not know what MPX is. I have searched the internet on it. Do you mean MPX is a tone that I may hear from the speaker? If yes, then I can do so accordingly.
  5. T

I have tried using an indoor antenna and an outdoor antenna. Also, I used the same indoor antenna and outdoor antenna for another tuner. The Akai tuner could not get stereo with both antennas while the other tuner can get stereo with both antennas.
  6. T

I need some more help. I cannot get stereo on the FM. What should I check to fix this?
  7. T

I got it working now. There is no problem with using the PXPR1002 diodes. The main reason I got no screen/display was just because I was too lazy and did not pay attention to details. Thanks for petehall347 reminding me that "maybe a wire off or loose plug". I did not take the whole PCB...
  8. T

Sorry, I made mistake on that. I tested them again, they are jumpers not diodes.
  9. T

I could not find any information from the internet on D25 and D26 according to the service manual. Therefore, I just use the diode (PXPR1002) I have on hand. But the result was nothing shown on the screen or display. Even I had taken out the D25 and D26, I could not get back the screen or...
  10. T

Good! Thanks for all your advice. Will try that tonight and report back the result.
  11. T

I have tested them. They show 0 ohm one way and infinity ohm the other way, and so I think they are diodes but not jumpers.
  12. T

Thank you very much for your reply and posting the related pages. Attached please find the actual PCBs of my tuner. There are 4 diodes already installed near D25 and D26, but they are not D24 or D27 (according to the PCBs on P.22 and P.23). I can install D25 and D26. But should I remove the 4...
  13. T

Yes, I posted on another forum but problem has not been solved.
  14. T

Sorry, just uploaded it.
  15. T

I got the tuner free from someone. It seems that the tuner is not for my location (north America) because the AM starts from 522 kHz in step of 9 kHz. I have downloaded the Operator's manual and could not find any information on how to switch it to starting from 530 kHz in steps of 10 kHz which...
Back
Top Bottom