toddalin's Recent Activity

1. toddalin posted a new thread.

JBL D123 in an ESS AMT-1b???

I potentially have a pair of ESS AMT-1b's with the 12" and 12" passive as partial payment for a loan I made to a friend. It's been a...

Forum: Speakers

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:12 PM
  2. toddalin replied to the thread A procedure for ABX and objective listening.

Speakers, but could be adapted to components. I can level match three sets and A/B/X two sets. [IMG] [IMG]

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:29 PM
  3. toddalin replied to the thread A procedure for ABX and objective listening.

Or this? I'll help out anyone who wants to make their own. [IMG] [IMG]

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:27 PM
  4. toddalin replied to the thread Speaker wiring.

It probably doesn't even matter "where" you take the - from. I would bet that like my Yamaha (RX-Z9), the - is common to both sets of...

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM
  5. toddalin posted a new thread.

Remote Controlled A/B Speaker Selection With Line Level Matching

In another thread, I said that I would post an economical remote controlled speaker selector with simultaneous line level matching so...

Forum: Speakers

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:35 PM
  6. toddalin replied to the thread Marantz 150 Coming Home to Roost After 38 Years - What to Do???.

Thanks, The 1152DC was gone but they failed to take down the C/L listing. Too bad, it would have been cool to have the matching...

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:52 PM
  7. toddalin replied to the thread Heathkit speakers.

Well..., maybe it's similar to these guys: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/d/heathkit-dual-concentric/6252673760.html [IMG]...

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:21 PM
  8. toddalin replied to the thread Help Asilker perfect his Altec 604's.

Just use pins 1 and 2 of either an 8 or 16 ohm L-pad. Once you've assembled the speakers and listened to them and adjusted this L-pad...

Sep 19, 2017 at 1:56 PM
  9. toddalin replied to the thread Night And Day Differences. Perhaps They Are Defined Within Context Of The System.

Change in barometric pressure? Changes in barometric pressure affect the density of the air and the density of a medium affects the...

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM
  10. toddalin replied to the thread Comparing Speakers.

There is no "board" and the part list is included on the schematic. I will do up a schematic for a simple remote controlled A/B box...

Sep 18, 2017 at 7:15 PM
  11. toddalin replied to the thread Comparing Speakers.

Nobody's talking a quick A/B. Instantaneous A/B comparisons can reveal a lot about a speaker. I would A/B my L200/300s against my...

Sep 18, 2017 at 7:12 PM
  12. toddalin replied to the thread Comparing Speakers.

What if I redid the schematic as a simple, key-fob remote controlled, A/B box with line level matching as you change speakers? I can...

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:40 PM
  13. toddalin replied to the thread Marantz 150 Coming Home to Roost After 38 Years - What to Do???.

Actually, someone has the matching 1152 DC amp (75Wpc) in South County for a bit over three bills. This would be the same vintage...,...

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:06 PM
  14. toddalin replied to the thread Marantz 150 Coming Home to Roost After 38 Years - What to Do???.

OK, so I was wrong..., 38 years is a long time. Actually, it turns out that it is a 2130. The unit is in good condition, a bit dirty,...

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:39 PM
  15. toddalin replied to the thread Comparing Speakers.

The amp's outputs to the speakers enter the unit and are switched between the A and B outputs with a common ground between the A and B....

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:52 PM