Share This Page

Tom B

AK Subscriber, Male, from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn New York

Subscriber
Tom B was last seen:
Mar 24, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    1. 1TUFSS
      1TUFSS
      Hi Tom, not sure whether the messages I'm sending are coming through; please check your inbox.
    2. Ishq
      Ishq
      GD70 Glenn tells me you're the expert. I have a vintage Onkyo TX-37 w channels are cutting in and out. I love the sound of the unit (I'm a phono guy) but know a fix is likely way more than it's worth. Is the unit good enough to justify the fix based on today's standards or do I just buy new? And while I know you're not looking at the unit, what would be a reasonable ballpark fix cost for the described issue?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ishq
        Ishq
        Again, the channels are cutting in and out mostly out and the right can often stay off completely unless I blow full volume power thru it to wake it up. Then crackles with fader and volume and back to on and off.
        Feb 23, 2017
      3. Ishq
        Ishq
        I have my cans of DeoxIT D5 and DeoxIT Fader F5 ready. What do I do first?
        Feb 23, 2017
      4. Ishq
        Ishq
        Feb 23, 2017
    3. rrago
      rrago
      Hello, Tom B. Was reading posts about AR and wondered if you still have those AR-3 stands? thx, Randy
      1. Tom B
        Tom B
        Sorry just saw this. No the stands went with the speakers a while ago
        Dec 14, 2016
    4. woofmytweets
      woofmytweets
      Hi Tom

i was reading a post you made about having manuals for an electrovoice EV-1282? I picked one up and i wanted to play around with it - seems there's a bit of DC on my speaker terminals i'd like to eliminate....would be awesome if i knew which pots to turn. ;)
    5. silversound9
      silversound9
      Hi Tom, long time no see :) hows live in Brooklyn?

I got question. i own a Sony str-db930 receiver with a problem i can't resolve.

when i power up the unit the 2 fuses on the DC board r blowen up both at the the same moment,

Do you have a suggestion on what direction to search for?

Thanx in advance for your reply

Regards Paul,

http://www.hifiengine.com/hfe_downloads/index.php?sony/sony_str-db830_db930_v929x_service.pdf"]http://www.hifiengine.com/hfe_downloads/index.php?sony/sony_str-db830_db930_v929x_service.pdf

Hot linking to Hifi engine not alowed so pls c and p the url if more info is needed on my question.
    6. silversound9
      silversound9
      Hey Tom,

Send you a F.R maybe i can ask you for some advice from time to time about vintage HiFi if that's ok

Greetings from holland :)
    7. DannyboyNYC
      DannyboyNYC
      Hi there. I see you are in Bay Ridge and repair vintage solid state. I live nearby and collect it. I sent a friend request just in case I ever need your services.

Best,
      Daniel
  • About

Data Center and Technology consultant
    Avid Restorer of Vintage 70's Audio Gear

Restoring Audio Gear, Going to my beach club