Recent content by TOM1040

1. TOM1040

Why the hell won’t they give us meters?

I like the looks of meters. I also like to look at the gear while music is playing. Had MC601 but sold them. The meters on my Marantz MA-9S2 monoblocks are cool but are small so you really need to be close to be able to see the levels..
  2. TOM1040

My second system.....

While I am at it, this is the upstairs system although the speakers in the corners are gone (JBL S2600) and there is another monoblock that is blocked by the recliner. This IS an older picture. :rockon:
  3. TOM1040

My second system.....

These are not in use. McIntosh MC601 McIntosh C50 Marantz SA11S3 Rotation
  4. TOM1040

My second system.....

I took this picture on 9/25/20 so I think it is recent enough?
  5. TOM1040

My second system.....

On the very top is a Foz SS-X sound stage expander that is used infrequently. Sansui G-8000 is not in use.
  6. TOM1040

My second system.....

Marantz PM-10 Marantz SA-10 JBL 4365
  7. TOM1040

Best "modern vintage" amps and preamps

If the OP can stretch the year to 2006/2007, then I guess the Marantz MA9S2 mono blocks and the SC7S2 pre would be my choice....I have had them since 2011 and do not see ever getting rid of them. Seem to be made for the JBL 1400 Arrays.
  8. TOM1040

JBL 940's

I have a pair of these. They are very dynamic and will play loud (if you want that). 4 ohm but they have high sensitivity so the amp does not need to be high power. I kinda' like them.
  9. TOM1040

Mc CDplayers VS Tascam CDRW 900

I just got a Marantz SA-10 to pair up with the PM-10 for my downstairs system with JBL 4365's. Not much time to listen right now but I am hoping it will be nice.
  10. TOM1040

Jolida is being rebranded as Black Ice Audio

I recently read a bit about the Black Ice Foz SS-X Sound Stage expander. Seems to be an interesting concept so I place an order for it. Should arrive in a week or so. I am going to use this to try to coax a bit more bass out of my JBL 4365 speakers...…..
  11. TOM1040

Class D, IcePower, etc- who's running what, and why?

Marantz PM-10. Really liked the Marantz monoblocks (see sig.) and took a chance with this integrated. Matched with SA-11S3 sacd player and JBL 4365 speakers. Grain free and sounds great.
  12. TOM1040

Pics of your listening space

So this is my upstairs system. Persian cat. Name is Puff. She is my wife's cat and likes music..... Speakers in the corner have been moved since this picture was taken.
  13. TOM1040

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

At the moment, Santana-Havana Moon on JBL S/3100 speakers in my office......sounds decent.
  14. TOM1040

Are there any speakers with ports on the sides instead of front or rear?

I think the Klipsch P-39F Palladium speakers are built with ports on the side.....
  15. TOM1040

Biamping JBL 4365 speakers-what do i need?

Yes, I noticed that but that connection would be bi-wiring with, I assume, identical power amps. I know nothing of bypassing jumpers and would screw it up if I tried, I am sure. Since the amps I have are quite different, I believe I should employ some kind of crossover that can help with gain...
Back
Top Bottom