Recent content by tom67

1. tom67

What was the best "Underrated" song you've heard to date?

Tim…. tiny Tim tiptoe through the tulips YouTube
  2. tom67

Turntable Repair Shops in New Jersey

May be worth a read https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=88982
  3. tom67

The Age Old Debate On AK. Spend Money On Speakers Or Spend Money On Upstream Electronics.

Clearly speakers will be the winner. If you look at the market now virtually, no one wants 17 inch boxes and large speakers the vast majority of speakers now sold range from cheap desktop. Bluetooth speakers to ever more sophisticated, active models. as time passes, fewer and fewer people want...
  4. tom67

Counterfeit vinyl records

Half of Americans no longer believe in capitalism, and would not think of this is a crime
  5. tom67

If you ask for help, come back with the solution

Maybe they are just sparing our feelings, instead of pointing out our inadequacies, in being unable to answer their questions
  6. tom67

Help me improve my streaming experience. Calling the Pros.

Wiim is a good way to experiment since you already have Amazon HD. The best signal an iPhone can transmit is 16/44 which is CD quality. With the whim, you can directly stream using your iPhone as the controller the way you have been doing. In this case, the streaming is direct and you can...
  7. tom67

So... where does the bass signal go when I turn off/unplug my subwoofer...

The functions and settings on receivers vary quite a bit. To accurately answer your question we would need to know what receiver you are using.some automatically move all the bass to the two channel setting. some do not. On one of my Yamaha’s, if I use the direct, setting, the receiver...
  8. tom67

Can't find that warm sound I want.

Buy yourself a set of suspension speakers like these with 8 inch drivers which frequently sell for about $99. Then get an entry-level receiver and turn the bass control all the way up and run that receiver on the direct mode. Lastly, purchase a cheap turntable and play some half dirty, semi...
  9. tom67

The Greatest Year in Classic Rock 'n' Roll...

Not surprisingly, the people who respond to these types of polls always pick their formative era of age 15 to 25 as the best. It should make us admire Mozart and Beethoven that much more. Their stuff is over 200 years old, and still appeals to a wide cross-section of listeners.
  10. tom67

Interesting take on vintage gear

I watch YouTube audio videos about two hours a day or 10 hours a week. Most are too technical, so I just watch the unboxings
  11. tom67

Luxman Scarcity

I could swear that I briefly had a Luxman receiver that was rebranded through Lafayette electronics, a national electronics chain? It was a heavy unit, but very bright sounding, and I gave it away. It was about two years old and most of the lightbulbs were already burned out. I see no mention...
  12. tom67

Interesting take on vintage gear

Yeah, that’s part of the problem. Good repair people are unicorns most places.
  13. tom67

Vintage Onkyo or invest in a new receiver?

Nice unit https://classicreceivers.com/onkyo-tx-4500-mkii
Back
Top Bottom