Recent content by TomBig58

1. TomBig58

What to pay for RS-4b

....and off you go down the Infinity/Emit rabbit hole. Enjoy!
  2. TomBig58

OHM C2 Refoam - Foam Indented?

There are many threads here on refoaming the C2 if you search the archives. Many claim no difference to sound if you install the surrounds convex instead of concave. From the factory they have some type of ferro fluid at the voice coil that sometimes gets gummed up and hangs up the woofer. If I...
  3. TomBig58

Crescendo Series CS3008 Very Impressed

I really like the real wood veneer on the Crescendo series, especially that they included the front baffle. Very simple and stylish even with the grilles off IMO. Early in this thread I compared the 3008 favorably to the ported Kappa 7.1. To me the IMG midrange sounded just as good as the...
  4. TomBig58

Crescendo Series CS3008 Very Impressed

It was a tough decision but my 3008 pair are now gone. Needing to thin my collection I opted to keep my Kirksaeter Tower 260. They are a little narrower which fit my new place better, 4 ways with twin 8" woofers the sonic comparison was very close. I never was a huge fan of ported speakers and...
  5. TomBig58

Historic 78rpm Collection

A great read about a passionate collector. https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/06/05/joe-bussard-record-collector-78s/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=con-nat&utm_campaign=anyword&kwp_0=2142348&kwp_4=6129944&kwp_1=2638556&fbclid=IwAR19E_rbikoi5Xmi1nk_ZrJdyBW4ZOK9lXgH2fF9GJern0fwapXxs66aHGI
  6. TomBig58

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

My Kef 105.2 should have been my "forever" speakers but circumstances at the time forced me to sell them off. They just did everything right. Now this thread finds me at a time where I am seriously downsizing for various reasons, including an upcoming move. Gone are all the Timeframes, JBL's...
  7. TomBig58

Vintage Kirksaeter speakers?

Yep, a pretty old thread resurrected! I have had my Tower 260 monitors for a few years and my ears say "yes!". Kirksaeters are well built and well sounding, known for their quality cabinetry, and you have to dig deep to find much info. Search the forums here on Audiokarma. I had this link saved...
  8. TomBig58

Infinity RSe

Perhaps they were listening with the boxes horizontal.
  9. TomBig58

Does anyone use the microphone input on your Hi-Fi?

I always thought that the mic input with gain adjust was for public address applications where you might be playing background music while addressing the crowd, like on bingo night. Of course there is karaoke sing along and adding to recordings as well.
  10. TomBig58

Ohm C2 Worth It?

When the time comes I will recap one and compare.
  11. TomBig58

Ohm C2 Worth It?

It's nice to see my almost 5 year old thread resurrected. Patiently waiting a few years, a pair of well kept C2 needing refoam came available for a very nice price. Quick to the draw I had my brother, who lived close, go and pick them up. When I finally got them I refoamed using the test tone...
  12. TomBig58

Ohm D2

I think Ohm C2 speakers perform well above their current price point. The seller is asking way too much for D2 in my opinion. Hold out for C2. I had a pair of Monitor 5 sometime back and was pleasantly surprised at the full range sound quality, even down low without a sub. Then there's this....
  13. TomBig58

nikko 9095

TOTL for it's day I picked up a 9095 a few years back for around $100. It was just a little beat up but not too bad (7 of 10?) and sonically it held it's own compared to other "highly regarded" pieces that I've moved in and out of my main setup. After all this time on the shelf I just moved it...
  14. TomBig58

CD Comeback or "What we already knew"

Good and humorous article in RS. Love the Chris Rock quote. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/cd-revival-compact-discs-rob-sheffield-1284487/?fbclid=IwAR0gD-sI415caB_YmX0SpbJ64YJv0kjFms8FGxhSbmtFreCOj_TLBzE3Ix0
  15. TomBig58

Bridging an NAD 3155 with non-NAD amp

whoareyou99 has it exactly right. From the manual: Bridging If still more output power is needed, a bridging switch immediately converts the stereo amplifier into a monophonic unit conservatively rated at 150 watts. A matching NAD 2155 power amplifier (also bridged) can be used for the second...
Back
Top Bottom