Recent content by tommy499

1. T

Hooking up my New Sony TV to my vintage Mcintosh Stereo

I have just purchased a new Sony X830f 70. To my surprise it does not have RCA outputs so that I can run sound to my vintage Mcintosh C30. It is telling me to use a small a 3 pole stereo mini jack for audio output. REALLY? I am assuming that this is not going to sound very good through my...
  2. T

McIntosh MA6600 Buying Experience at Audio Classics

I have had several dealings with AC and Ryan........He is great to deal with and a class act. Sounds like you made out just fine.
  3. T

anyone in upstate ny modify tube amps?

Audio Classics in Binghamton......very good service on tube gear
  4. T

Official Jolida JD9 thread

I have just bought a used JD 9. It came without an owners manual. I am confused on how to set the dip switches. I found the switch chart in an earlier post. My cartridge: Shure V15 VxMR Shure V15 VxMR Type moving magnet Output Voltage 3mv Frequency Response 10Hz - 25kH...
  5. T

MC Denon DL 300 from the 80's

I have a Denon DL 300 MC cartridge that I bought new in the early 80's. It was well taken care of....but hasn't been used in 15 years. Do these go bad with age? I also have a Shure v15vxmr MM cartridge purchased new 2003. Which one should I use? I want to set my turntable up again, and I need...
  6. T

Suggestions on tube integrated

Cayin makes a A-55TP uses KT88 tubes and has a phono output. Lists for around $1800. Keep your eyes open for used ones on Audiogon. There was one like this for sale recently for $1000. I decided on the Primaluna Dialogue II. Similar designed to the Cayin but has some upgrades such as auto...
  7. T

Damaged in transit

Got this on e-bay..........sent it back for full refund due to poor packing. I told seller I would ony accept unit in original packing. He packed it in a box with some newspaper:no:
  8. T

McIntosh & Klipsch RF-7's

I have the C2200/ MC275IV combo with my RF 7's and absolutely love the sound. Plenty of power for these speakers. I run them off 4 ohms. I bought the C2200 used from Audiogon, for around $3000. Bought the new MC275 from Audio Classics for a great price. The MX 110 would be a great option if you...
  9. T

Sub Woofer with C2200 and MC275IV

I am currently running a pair of Klipsch RF-7's with my Mc gear. I love the sound, but would like a little more bass. I have never used a sub, and am wondering if I can hook up to my mc equipt. How do I do this? Any suggestions on a sub-woofer? Thanks, Tom
  10. T

MX119 Damaged by FedEx

This was an eBay puchase I was able to get my money back from seller. he promised to use ONLY original packing....What a waste!!
  11. T

Speaker suggestions for MC-225

I would suggest any of the Klipsch Heritage speakers. I am very happy with my Forte II's and my Mac tubes. I would go for the largest speakers your space and money will allow. Having said that, even the Heresys will sound great with that amp. Tom
  12. T

Hooking up Computer to Reciever

Probably a stupid question........I have a pentium 4 style computer running Windows XP. I would like to play songs off the hard drive as well as use the cd drive to play cd's. How will it sound?? Thanks for your help. Tom
  13. T

Check Out This Mcintosh eBay Deal!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5711803098&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT WOW!! Almost $6000.00 for a Mcintosh C22??
Back
Top Bottom