Recent content by TomR3399

1. T

Hello Santa, I am doing a little research for a fried who is considering purchasing a tube amp...

Hello Santa, I am doing a little research for a fried who is considering purchasing a tube amp from a online site. The seller stated the amp used TS 7581a tubes, where the amp was custom build off the AudioKarma site directed by Santa. Can you provided any info on the amp ? Any info is...
  2. T

MX 113 Volume - Channel issues

Hello AK, I have not revisited the MX-113 since my last post, to test the input to the Volume pot, got side tracked building a mid-range horn, and too much work. I have a ways to go before I get a chance to test the mac, but I will in March, should have some time and extra funds after working...
  3. T

All good information, I will email Audio Classics and get a price quite to get my old one renewed. I still need to do some trouble shooting to confirm it actually is the volume control and not other circuitry causing the trouble. Thanks Tom in Lafayette
  4. T

Good plan... That is just the technical push I needed to hopefully move in the right direction. No, I did not test the old On/Off volume pot, but I will now. Will report back on progress Tom in Lafayette
  5. T

Thank you both for the replys Mine is a replacement control from Mac. I did not meter it before installing so unless I pull it out I won’t know if it had open location between contacts I may try and excerise the pot back and fourth a while and see if that helps, I may even spray some detox it...
  6. T

uploaded the left and right MX-113 pre amp board Tom in Lafayette
  7. T

Hello AK Group I am working on a MX-133 tuner pre-amp trying to get it up and running, it was purchase in a non working condition. I found power transistor Q201 and 202 on the main power supply board non functioning. Ordered parts from Mac, and the unit is operational. The symptoms I am having...
  8. T

Any fellow N. Louisiana people out here?

OK that sounds good, I will keep in touch Tom in Lafayette
  9. T

Hello Dusty ol' Man, Thanks for the invitation ! Any idea when the next Lake Charles get together is planned ? Just curious, Is your group mainly focused on music reviews or more involve with equipment. They do go hand in hand.... Good music always sound better on a resolving system. I have...
  10. T

I am interested in a audio meet, I am in Lafayette Tom
Back
Top Bottom