Recent content by TomReceiver

1. TomReceiver

my fantasy would be

Thanks ,I knew the industrial looking 2100 was 105 a side used by this bass player I used to know who was a Phil Lesh deciple. I always wanted more power than ever needed so the 105 watter instead of the 50 watter always appealed to me.. But alas Mac gear holds it's value like jewelry so I went...
  2. TomReceiver

DCM TF-400's

Yes, to this day I haven't any idea how such a great sound comes out of this what appears to be a wacky design. I have TF350s and only wish I could get some TF600s which here seems to be the sweet spot. There is a set of 400s near me but that would be a lateral move and need the larger series..I...
  3. TomReceiver

my fantasy would be

A mac 2150 w/ the meters a c-28 pre/amp,a Dual 1229 or Thorens and get this AR-3a. Growing up this was the system seen in a many upper crust jobbed type people. Dens and studies were full of them.. What I really want to know is a McIntosh 2300 good for home use even w/ fans in the rear going...
  4. TomReceiver

Passive woofers?

I kinda posed this question weeks ago. I thought my Rectilinear Low Boy IIIs went deeper w/ that giant Jensen driver than my Polk Audio SDA 2Bs w/a 12" passive radiator. I just put in a SPL and db meter in my phone and that might tell the story BUT. these are 2 entirely different systems w/ the...
  5. TomReceiver

about Dahlquist D-10s

Can't breathe. I have verticals and it still comes in w/ the way they are set up. A.C,. is way to expensive if not 100* so I cover them for a few hours till the sun sets.
  6. TomReceiver

about Dahlquist D-10s

So why is that entire rear area grilled off and open to begin with ?. There is not another speaker I know that needs air to breathe ,even though it does give you a nice area to work on said x-overs.
  7. TomReceiver

about Dahlquist D-10s

before you even ask the wonderful towel that you see and then more to cover the left Polk SDA 2Bs and DCM TF 350s from summer sun. Every year I go through this. Another reason I have multiple sets.
  8. TomReceiver

about Dahlquist D-10s

I kinda know that but I just don't have the room
  9. TomReceiver

I swore I wasn't going to buy any more

There is a click switch to change ohm settings from 16ohms on the left which I have never seen before and it's flipped to the 4 ohm position now and sound awesome. Power w/ me is no problem. I have an Adcom GFA-555 w/ 200wpc . Now the spec sheet I got from Audio Classics said 205 a side and I...
  10. TomReceiver

about those EPI 201s

Last weekend I got for free a set of EPI M-201 which are very powerful speakers. As I said before the guy thought they were Ohm brand but you guys identified them in seconds which was amazing. Now both top logos are missing and after looking at the Human Speaker page they want $14 for a pair of...
  11. TomReceiver

about Dahlquist D-10s

Rebuild they did not give a price I do not think because they would not know the extent of damage. The replacement is $188 + shipping.. Again if only a surround which I think the owner would have said could be done by any competent dude. Also I forgot to ask if these were mirror imaged type.
  12. TomReceiver

about Dahlquist D-10s

There is an ad in C/L selling a set for $250 w/ what appears to be full grill covers and stands. Also it says 1 woofer is blown. I don't know if that is just a surround or the entire speaker is beat.. I'm trying to e-mail the dude to find out more about them. Right now unless I clear out some of...
  13. TomReceiver

T1000 or Ohm Model H

Talk about rotation 1. Polk Audi SDA '87modded 2Bs 2. DCM TF 350s 3. Rectilinear Low Boy IIIs 4. EPI M-201s There were more but my living room became looking like a Cray Eddies show room and I unloaded some other sets.
  14. TomReceiver

Look at that EPIs. What a putz both me and him were .Him for owning them for years and not even knowing and me not doing any research the logo is the more modern EPI logo as I look at it now. Again still nothing lacking and considering they weren't Ohm/Walsh anyway it's all ,good. Thanks for the...
  15. TomReceiver

I didn't these were free. The guy I bought those Rectilinear Low BoyIIIs from e-mails me and asked if I wanted those old OHM speakers. How much ? Nothing just come and get them . They are Ohms not Ohm/Walsh not exactly monkey style coffin cabinets but much more like the Bose 601s I used to have...
Back
Top Bottom