Recent content by tony wilson

1. T

Empire Royal Grenadier 6000

I found a set of Empire Royal Grenadier 6000's in really sweet shape in a Salvavtion Army Store for $16.00 (we were actually looking for end tables) when I spotted them. I got them home and cleaned them up and wired up and I think they sound pretty nice and they do keep up with my Heresys as far...
  2. T

Marantz 2230 vs Sherwood s8800a for Dynaco A25

A few years ago I foundva set of A25s in a Salvation Army store for 8.00 not in bad shape but not great they sound nice and my 2270 is a bit much for them. I also have a 2215B in which I want to mate them with but it needs some work and a fuse holder,I figured they would be a good match. Then my...
  3. T

New Here

Thanks to all of yoi. I finally disconnected the 2270 and hooked up the 4320 and it rocks not as good sounding but it don't crack or pop and yeah its probably a bad transistor in there,its resting and not going anywhere for the time being.
  4. T

Marantz in need of help

I don't have the skills or knowledge to do it the deoit part I can handle. Yes I would live to have it restored and Ibgot a bid on it but I blew that out of the water when someone contacted me and said he wasn't legit and I mentioned it to him,he told me he would no longer have anything to do...
  5. T

New Here

Something ain't right, I get home tonight I got alittle experimenting to do.
  6. T

Marantz in need of help

I have no knowlege about how to do the work myself,but yeah that sounds like a plan to try the Heresys in the remote and see how it reacts. I'm still seriously thinking about a restoration for it,probably could use it after 45 years of rocking.
  7. T

New Here

Yes I have and really not sure if thats the problem,gonna buy a can today and try it out tonight. Still kinda thinking seriously about a restoration,it's 45 years old,it was just cleaned last yearalong with original lamps and a replacement power button. He told me then that it was preforming...
  8. T

Marantz in need of help

It does pop and crack through all 4 speakers when the remote button is pushed on and through just the remote when the main is turned off. I really don't think it needs to be humanly put down,lol but sure could use a good Surgeon.
  9. T

Marantz in need of help

They are both 8 ohms the fronts are Heresys and the backs are KG5.5 both Klipsch.
  10. T

Getting restoration work done

I just got contacted from a man about doing a restoration on my 2270 while it sounded promising I was having my doubts when someone contacted me as said he wasn't legit. It was Kevins Marantz Restorations out of Wisconsin, he had alit of pretty pictures as well and I do know people can do that...
  11. T

New Here

Hello,been to Texas a few times stacked a few towers in the DFW metro area for Police Municipals.
  12. T

Marantz in need of help

This guy was from Kevins Marantz, I had a guy do alittle work to it last year but I think he does the kinda work that needs done. He relamped it witb original bulbs got the tuner dialed in and fixed the power button along with a good cleaning. The shipping is another thing I'm concerned about,I...
  13. T

Marantz in need of help

I'm new here and not really sure where to start except to get rigbt to the problem. I have a 2270 that has started to crack when I try to get some power out of it when I have the remote speakers on plays fine in Stereo with just the fronts on but does it when just the remotes or all 4 are...
  14. T

New Here

Yes it is unfortunatly,it wants to crack and pop when I give it some power with the remote speakers on. It plays great in Stereo with the fronts on but when you turn the fronts off and just the remotes it cracks when I try to get some power out of it. When I run all 4 it cracks in time with the...
  15. T

New Here

I'm not sure how this works. Hello Everyone, I'm new here and not sure how this works so I need to figure out how to start a thread. I've been a big music and stereo lover since I was a kid in the 60s growing up to Mary Robbins and Johnny Horton and and the great Johnny Cash among others then...
Back
Top Bottom