Recent content by Torontoblue

1. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

It's been bloody months since I played any vinyl (worth posting here anyway). Off to see these guys next Saturday at a local joint; The Starlite Room. Then they are off to South America joining a pretty cool stadium tour. Next Saturday's line up (I think they are all Canadian):
  2. Torontoblue

What tv show are you currently binging?

The Long Shadow (ITV), Drama about the inadequate police hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper. A gripping story, good acting and sets gave it that gritty 70's feel. Then right after that, more "light" drama, The Reckoning (BBC), about the squalid, evil, disgusting Jimmy Savile. Steve Coogan did a...
  3. Torontoblue

Bosch (Amazon Prime)

Just watched the first 2 episodes on Prime, in Canada and NO commercials. A good opener to the new series, but there was a head-wobbling cliche in episode 2.
  4. Torontoblue

Bosch (Amazon Prime)

We're not all related to Austin Powers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  5. Torontoblue

Bosch (Amazon Prime)

Not an ice hockey fan :) Just a Brit who lived in Toronto.
  6. Torontoblue

Bosch (Amazon Prime)

Amazon Prime or Freevee? I know the Freevee section of Prime comes with ads. Not seen any ads on Prime proper, but then I am in Canada, and also can't get Freevee.
  7. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

Came across these on the NWOTHM Youtube account; really good account you should all check out. A UK band from The Midlands. The band is Fury, and their debut (2014) album, The Lightning Dream.
  8. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

Never heard of them, just checked 'em out on Youtube; like them!!!
  9. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

Wings of Steel - Gates of Twilight. 1st album from these guys, and the CD arrived today; a day before release. A nice slice of Euro/US melodic rock. The vocalist, Leo has some chops on him; comes across like Tony Harnell more often than not.
  10. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

Sumerlands, Dreamkiller. Relapse Records (2022)
  11. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

Arrived a full week after release, but it arrived undamaged by Canada Post. Nothing earth shattering from the band here; just modern day Metallica. I've never noticed this before on the From shipping label; hee-hee
  12. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

Was it at least nice and flat? Reports of lots of warped records. Mine was severely warped, but thankfully the store I bought it from has a press for flattening records. Took him a week to get it totally flat. The gatefold sleeve also dislikes being closed, too ;) Did the hype sticker mention...
  13. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

A great album. Just managed to grab the Japanese import cd of Across the line, from their Bandcamp page. Only $26 all in. Goes for 3 times that on Discogs. I do prefer the current vocalist to the previous 2 they had. Much cleaner sound, IMO.
  14. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

I'm a little pissed about this. Preordered a limited release direct from the bands website in Feb. Got notification 10 days ago that it's being prepped for shipping. Great, it'll be in my hands on release day!! Nope, as of today, it's still in Chicago. Should have bought a regular black vinyl...
  15. Torontoblue

Todays METAL playlist

If you like Malmsteen era with JSS/Mark Boals on vocals, and similar Swedish rock/metal bands of that era; then this is definitely for you. 4th release, with vocalist #3. Really good melodic metal. A nice, limited edition pressing from High Roller Records.
Back
Top Bottom