Recent content by TPettenati

1. TPettenati

Suggestions for an especially detailed power amp under $1000, new or used?

You could pick up a new Parasound 2125 V2 for right at the top of your budget, or a used V1 for $500 or less. I bought a V1 about a year ago and no regrets.
  2. TPettenati

Any sense looking for a "higher end" 8 track player?

A friend of mine had a Wollensak 8-track player/recorder back in the day, and I remember it being considered one of the better units available. WHAT'S THAT WOLLENSAK?
  3. TPettenati

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Corvette prototypes at Laguna Seca August 18 2023
  4. TPettenati

What was your latest repair project?

Replaced the battery in a 5 year old Eufy robovac. Run time was down to under 20 minutes and the poor thing went flat so fast it couldn't find its way back to it charger. With the new battery it now runs for 1 hr & 45 min. The old models don't have a door on the bottom for easy access to the...
  5. TPettenati

Windows 11 rant...

Bought a new PC with Windows 11. Not having any problems. Very fast boot up. Tip: Right click on lower left window icon for quick access to admin tools. This was in Win 10 also but I wasn't aware of it. All my other hardware is too old to upgrade without using some of the hacks out there...
  6. TPettenati

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Gato Barbieri - El Gato
  7. TPettenati

First receiver recap project Technics SA-200

Add some fresh solder to the joint. It seems to help lower the melting point and the solder flows better. Also only pull on components when you are desoldering. Never push as that's how traces get lifted or broken.
  8. TPettenati

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

From a stand-up comedian: "you know you're old when you get your clothes from the same place you get your groceries!"
  9. TPettenati

"Wavy Pistons" ?

RX7s' don't have pistons.
  10. TPettenati

Something I just remembered. Those Main / Remote speaker push buttons can be problematic. Spray some deoxit in those and work them a few dozen times. The headphone jack is before the switches so try a pair of headphones.
  11. TPettenati

Swap the STK modules between Left and Right channels. If the problem changes sides, you have a bad module.
  12. TPettenati

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

Several years later a law was passed that limited speedometer display to a top speed of 85 MPH. It didn't last. The 85 MPH speedometer
Back
Top Bottom