Recent content by Tractorhead

1. Tractorhead

Inside the Minimus 7: repair and restore

Wrap them with electrical tape until you get the right diameter.
  2. Tractorhead

Boston Acoustics A200 midrange question

Well thanks y'all, I will watch for some replacements and get these back in action. In the meantime I'll work at the foams and crossovers. For the record, still feeling lucky to have these in the stable!
  3. Tractorhead

Yes I've seen the round tweeters with external wires to the core coil like yours, mine don't have that. I too am assuming that is just a different version of the same tweeter. This thread is wandering between mids and tweeters haha, sorry about that, but in the end it's good and helpful...
  4. Tractorhead

Clements Speakers?! WOW

Here are some pics of my Clements 600si, one size smaller than the 800si I believe. Phone charger sitting on top for scale. 6" woofer with inverted "rubber" surrounds. The fit and finish is very nice. Curved to the edges, flush-fit grille, really nicely done veneer. The crossover on mine...
  5. Tractorhead

Hey grillebilly, can you tell me which A Series speakers share the Seas H232 tweeter with the early A200s? I'm suddenly in the market...:(.
  6. Tractorhead

Thanks, I'm looking forward to them. I've seen quite a few positive comments relative to speakers I know so that's encouraging.
  7. Tractorhead

Oh no, not looking to swap, just looking for opinions on the differences from those with experience. I gleaned I lot of info from the web this weekend, but I always try to educate myself as much as possible on new-to-me gear. I haven't even heard A200s yet!
  8. Tractorhead

Feeling pretty lucky today. Took a hiatus from "The Sickness" for a while (old speakers, not Covid) but stumbled across a super clean one-owner pair of A200 BA's this weekend. So ya, sick again. Correct foams on the way, but in the meantime is there any consensus on the desirability of the...
  9. Tractorhead

Energy Connoisseur C-4 I'm gobsmacked

Woofer cones are "injection molded aluminum/polypropylene cones". I don't know what that means, but they feel like plastic.
  10. Tractorhead

Energy Connoisseur C-4 I'm gobsmacked

Little late to the party but YES YES YES to the C-4. YES. I lack the Pro/Ref/Ref Conn 22 experience but I feel like I'm listening to the most recent and closest thing to it. Like the Ghost of the 22. I have the C-8's right beside them (both rosewood finish - looks awesome!). The C-8's are...
  11. Tractorhead

Energy Connoisseur C4 vs C8

Just to add some reference for future searches on the topic, I've owned a pair of C-4's for about a year and was also impressed with the smooth high end and bass extension. So impressed I went hunting for and bought a pair of C-8's. All excellent condition Rosewood finish. So to compare them...
  12. Tractorhead

$1,000 Used Speakers - Recommendations

Have you heard Energy RC-70's? Not uncommon under $1000. I haven't heard them but I definitely want to. Doubt you'd find any Veritas under 1k, but maybe close if you're lucky. I own a pair of Energy Connoisseur C-8 and won't part with them anytime soon...
  13. Tractorhead

Speakerlab 7 Project (Already Started)

+1 for new cabs, do 'em up right! I havent heard the 7's but I own the 3's and love those things. Great respect for Speakerlabs. Congrats!
  14. Tractorhead

Polk Monitor 7A - What do the original stands look like?

That's a good tip, I'll watch for that.
  15. Tractorhead

Polk Monitor 7A - What do the original stands look like?

You bet Tim, listened to them today for a while and I have to admit I was underwhelmed. Then I remembered the old Luxman has tone controls. So a little hair on the bass showed me that they can indeed go low. But I do need to recap etc. as you say. They are 95% perfect but 100% original so...
Back
Top Bottom